Chapter 12

I sit on the couch in the pack house, I was looking forward to going to school today but now, I'm sitting on the couch with Liam, Eve, Tabby, Scalia, Envy and my Mum in the room. I sit alone however on the love seat and they all stare at me strangely, what I'm hungry so I'm eating a salad.

"What are you going to do?" Tabitha says worriedly.

"Look I'm working on a big case so you can just deal with this." My Mum says getting up to leave.

"You don't want to teach her or anything? Or even help her?" Eve asks.

"Look, she's an independent child and since she was bitten by one of you and all my Mother's hard work went down the drain, you can deal with her." With that, she leaves slamming the door.

"I can teach her about magic, my Father's on the Council so I'm quite knowledgeable about our kind," Scalia says leaning against Envy.

He looks at me and speaks, "I'll teach her about the wolf and vampire stuff."

"Why do you think you can help her with the vampire stuff?" Liam inquires leaning back.

"I'm her mate, I'm the only one in the world she could never truly hurt." Envy states walking away from Scalia.

She pouts and watches him, "Envy, even if you are mates she could end up hurting you when the bloodlust hits her."

"Her wolf wouldn't allow it, so don't worry."

"Wolf?" I tilt my head.

Eve leans forward, "For all werewolves, we are connected to the wolf we shift into, they lay in our subconscious they're there for guidance while they rest. They see the world in black and white and we fill in the colour, so it finely tunes our instincts. The wolf also is the one to urge you with certain things like mates, ranking and all those types of things... Alex you don't have a wolf do you."

"No, I think I would know if I had a wolf in my brain but that could explain why I shift without realising and I have trouble shifting at will," I reply putting aside my plate.

"What should we do about school though?" Eve asks.

"That's simple I'll drop out," I reply leaning back.

"Like hell, you will!" Tabby explodes.

I roll my eyes, "What I mean is I'll go sit all the exams for the rest of the year and graduate early. I already know all the material because I broke my laptop a couple times and I studied them. So then I can focus fully on controlling..." I stop when I notice everyone looking to the floor, so I finish with a whisper, "Myself."

***

I've dealt with all the tests and Assessments it took me three days, I, however, didn't graduate alone. Envy and Scalia did the same thing and passed so they were able to graduate along with me. For the last three days, I've noticed that Scalia has a habit of making space between Envy and I. She sits next to Envy at the table for meals, cuts into our conversations, seats herself between us if we're on the couch together and other things.

So far nothing has really happened, other than I hear and see everyone's veins and their heartbeats. It's creepy and a few other things like, breaking more glass and just breaking things.

Envy now sleeps every night in my bed and keeps the nightmares away but Scalia keeps trying to stop him. But he tells her that he wants to do it and that she isn't the boss of him and a bunch of other things that I ignore because I usually just want to sleep.

Anyway it's now Sunday night and we're all at the table, and for once Scalia actually sits across from me next to Lilith. But I'm sitting between Logan and Dean, we have the usual banter going on and everyone seems happy, but I feel just like how I always do, indifferent. I'm not saying that I'm not interested in things that are going on, it's just I don't hold any emotion towards anything. It's how I always am, it's probably why I'm always so calm.