Chapter 20

I groan and rub the back of my head, "I really need to stop passing out, it's becoming a habit."

I sit up and look around, it's just grey everywhere, I wouldn't say it's like being in a small grey room, it's more like a large stretched out space with a single wall that has a mirror in the middle. I get up and dust off my leggings, I'm still wearing the clothes I was in before so I guess that's a good sign. I walk over to the mirror and stand directly in front of it and there's stands a girl who doesn't look like me but does.

"Hello, Alex." The girl says.

I jump back and swallow, she's my height and has the same dark shining blue eyes I do but her hair is perfectly straight and a bright red an interesting contrast to my own dark red. Covering her arms is a huge black swirling tattoo that has odd symbols or something mingled within the lines. She smiles softly at me her teeth perfectly white and straight, she wears a black dress that falls to the floor and is strapless.

I clear my throat and reply, "Hello?"

She laughs lightly, "I'm you. Just a different version, I guess. I'm what you could call your witch aspect. If you were a full witch this is what you'd look like and how you'd appear to others."

"Oh, OK. That's cool. Question, where am I?" I ask looking around again.

"This place?" She gives a rhetorical question before answering me, "This is kind of a part of your mind, I'm just one small piece. The spell that was cast on you brought you here for one reason."

"What would that reason be?" I ask but I have a feeling I already know the answer.

She smiles, "You're here to destroy the last bit of the block that's holding you back. Your other aspects and I are all trapped in these mirrors so you're pretty much human at the moment."

"How am I supposed to free you?"

"You're not meant to free me, you need to accept me." Her smile turns sad.

"What do you mean?"

"Due to everything, you've rejected the parts of yourself that you've just found out you had, we were released for a short time frame and you didn't like where that lead so you're the one who's locked us in these mirrors. Touch the glass."

I reach out and touch the glass where she placed her hand, it burns me and I jerk back.

"Do you see, you haven't accepted us and so we were trapped behind this block and we're aware of anything, you subconsciously rejected us, as well as yourself." She loses the smile and gazes at me on the brink of tears.

"I, I just..." I can't form the words.

"It's alright we understand when we took over, we took over one hundred percent and we ourselves weren't even really ourselves or even you. We were what people wanted us to be. On your meeting with Scalia she wanted to get it over with and wanted you to be hostile so she had an argument for Envy. When that vampire faced you he wanted you to be a monster and in a sense, that's what you became. It would be hard to accept parts of yourself that you fear." Through the mirror, her hair sways almost like she has a breeze on her side.

"I guess, I..., after everything I have to find who I am again. I guess that starts here, I just don't know how I can accept you." I look down at my hands.

"If you can see past the pain you might understand the power that I hold isn't a scary thing."

I look at her for a moment, I don't understand, it's a bit cryptic. But then it clicks, the mirror, I take a breath and reach my hand out to the mirror again, I pause just before I touch it. I look at her, she gives a nod. I take a deep breath and touch the mirror I wince at the burning pain that sears my palm.