Chapter 27

I yawn and blink tiredly at my bedroom's ceiling, I sigh and get up. Shuffling I get changed into some jeans and a plain blue tank top and before I move downstairs I shove my phone into my back pocket. Walking into the kitchen I open the fridge and grab out my water bottle, walking into the living room I raise an eyebrow at Dean.

"Morning Alex," he replies leaning up.

Set up in the living room is now a large table with maps and documents scattered everywhere, Dean and Lisanna are the only people that I recognise out of twelve in the room. I move over to beside him sipping casually and watch out of the corner of my eye as the other wolves in the room glance at me, only to glance away.

"What's going on?" I ask looking down at a map of our forest.

"The Vecck and Core Packs are travelling here for a meeting, Alpha wants to discuss the current vampire problem and the closest pack Alpha's agreed to travel to our territory because they've also heard about you," Lisanna explains.

"Me?" I don't like the sound of that.

"Yeah, word's travelled fast about the bitten witch, I doubt they know about your vampiric side though." A man speaks from beside Dean, "I'm Kai, by the way, Lisanna's older brother."

I nod and tilt my head, "So what are you doing now?"

"The Alpha wanted us to find the maps of the area to check to see if any camps might have been set up while we were busy, especially the rogues." He gestures me over to another map that has many x's on it, "These are the places we've checked already but we didn't find anything."

I look at the map and point at a spot that's a slightly away from the other X's and is close to the town, "Here."

Lisanna perks up, "That spot, but it's just dense forest there and it's way too close to the humans."

"You've checked all the obvious places in our forest and if they are within our territory then they wouldn't be hiding in these parts," I gesture to the area they've checked, "They'd be somewhere you wouldn't check. The rogues aren't working alone, that's clear, so check this spot and if they're not there then they'll be hidden in caves by my guess. They don't want to be caught, not yet anyway, they're waiting for something and if they're in a spot that's an advantage for them when that time comes, we'll face issues. So search there, the caves and a few places close to town but stay out by say twenty metres."

They all look at me before looking at each other with surprised looks on their faces, "As you wish."

With that the ten guys and Lisanna head outside, she gives me a wink and starts to strip in the living room before her brother drags her out of the house. I roll my eyes and glance at some of the other documents but stop when I feel a gaze, I peer up at Dean.

"Yes?"

"Nothing," He says smiling at me, "You're a good Omega and you're going to make a good Luna, that's all."

I flip the document in my hand and shrug, "If you say so."

I drop the paper back onto the table and take another sip from my bottle. Dean starts to pack up the table and moving all the maps and documents off to the side, I help him and we move some chairs into position. He sits down and rests his elbow on the table while I hop up and sit on the table, it was moved from the dining room and has an extension added to it making it longer. All of the things in the lounge room have been moved somewhere else, my guess into one of the spare rooms upstairs.

"Do you always set it up like this when there are meetings here?" I ask smoothing my hand over the glossy wood.

"Yes, we can't show any weakness to the other Alpha's so we remove all the comfort items like the lounge and TV into the basement. The alpha's house never has pictures or anything on the walls so that it's easier to set up. Small packs however never do it because it doesn't matter for them but we're a pretty large and strong pack. Our pack, the Hunter Pack has been fighting for top spot against the Wind and Archer Packs for several thousand years."