Chapter 3

I sit at the counter wincing at my sore butt. My Mum scours the kitchen looking for the first aid kit.

Rewind to a few minutes ago.

"Hey Mum, how was your day?"

"Perfectly fine. How about your day, care to explain to me why I came home to an unlocked house and a missing daughter."

"My day sucked thanks for asking. But I did all my chores and put the ointment on Neva after you left and then after I had finished reading I got a text, Lil was at a party and thought she had left me for the pops, which I now know was stupid."

"Pops?"

She raises an eyebrow.

"The popular bitches, anyway, so I go because I'm an idiot and since grandma was up I thought she'd watch the house till I got back, so I go to the party and turns out I was worried for nothing. So I head home but as I'm walking home I get the feeling like I'm being followed so I start walking faster and when I knew someone was following me I sprinted home well since I panicked but um..." I trail off.

"But?"

I wince, "So I may have tripped on the trail and cut my lip and screamed at them. But when they started to get too close I got on all fours to get back up so I could continue running for my life but then something BIT MY ASS CHEEK. But I still managed to get away then well you know the rest. By way, I have a headache and I'm hungry so can we continue this in the kitchen."

After that, my Mum checked my room and the house, looked at my phone and saw the blood on my ass and she couldn't really argue with me. So now as she heats up some pizza, she looks for the first aid kit. In a few more minutes I'm eating pizza while my Mum bandages my ass cheek. It's a little awkward but it needs to be done, I change into sweats and chill out on the couch to watch a movie with my Mum. My Mum and I aren't really that close but since I'm a good girl that spends most of my time at home, I don't get in trouble, plus she's constantly working so it's hard to spend time together.

About halfway into the first Harry Potter movie, there's a knock at the door.

I get up and let Lil in, she has her overnight bag on her shoulder and she's changed out of her party outfit and is now wearing leggings and a plain black long sleeved shirt. She heads to my room and drops her bag before going into the kitchen and grabbing the last two pieces of pizza. She drops next to me and starts to eat her slice as she hands me the other one. I smile at her and she smiles back and it's then when she turns her head to look at the movie, I see it.

Behind her ear is three little paw prints, they look like wolf prints, I didn't know that she'd gotten a tattoo. Shaking my head I turn and continue to watch the movie. We get to halfway through the third movie before we all decide to head to bed.

We bid my Mum goodnight and head into my room, we don't turn the light on, and Lil just gets straight into the bed while I go to the wardrobe to change. With that, I crawl over Lil and settle myself in for hopefully a nice dream.

A loud growl makes me open my eyes. I groan and turn my head only to see Lilith there, snoring softly, due to my night tossing, she usually just kind of flops on me to keep me still. Now she has her chest completely on my back and one of her legs tossed over mine. Another growl echoes through the room and I realise I'm absolutely starving.

"Lil." I get a louder snore, "Lil!" I scream in her ear.

She opens her eyes and flings back, but since we're on the edge of the bed she ends up on the floor. I wince when I hear her land, scooting over I look over the edge of the bed to see her glaring at me.