Queen Bee

Let It Be - the Beatles

T H E   M I N D  F L A Y E R  P T

T H E M I N D F L A Y E R P T . I

We've been trekking in the woods for a couple of minutes now to follow the monstrous dogs. The cry that we heard drew all of them away and towards the sound.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked Dustin. The younger teens were behind Danny, Steve, and I.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin replied next to Danny.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max noted.

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin informed, starring ahead.

"And eating our cat and all of that meat we used for bait also may have helped." I shrugged. Max looked at me in horror. "Just saying."

"Wait, malted?" Steve questioned. He looked at me in confusion.

"Molted." Dustin corrected. "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

"When is he going to molt again?" Max inquired anxiously as she stared in anticipation for the answer.

"It's gotta be soon." Dustin responded as he gripped his flashlight tighter. He kept the light in front of us like Danny was currently doing while Steve and I flashed ours to the side of us. Lucas and Max were the only ones who didn't bring a flashlight. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"That's great." Danny sarcastically huffed. He kicked a stray rock.

"Yeah, And he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve inputted, looking at me with a frown.

"Wait," Lucas placed his hand on Dustin's shoulder and stopped him, "a cat? Dart at a cat?"

We all stopped to stare at the two. Dustin gave Danny and I a quick nervous glance before turning his attention to his friend.

"No, what?" Dustin took a step back. He shook his head, keeping a straight face. "No."

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve exchanged confused looks with Danny and I. Max and Lucas stared at Dustin in shock.

"Mews?" Max snapped her head towards Steve. "Who's Mews?"

"Our cat." Danny stated.

"And I already stated that he ate a cat. Were you not paying attention?" I scrunched my brows together. "I could have been giving you guys an important fact, which I did, about the monster."