Scooby Doo Shit

Count Your Blessings - Ashford & Simpson

▸Count Your Blessings - Ashford & Simpson

V E C N A ' S   C U R S E P T . I I

It was dark by the time we pulled up to Rick Lipton's house. We used flashlights to guide our way to the front door. I eyed the house skeptically. The lights were off and I was getting a creepy vibe. Not the I'm going to die vibe, just the plain this is a creeps house vibe.

Dustin rang the doorbell and then waited a few seconds. No response. He tried again. He stared at the doorbell and rapidly pressed the button.

"Okay. Well, that's settled." Steve spoke up. Dustin stopped ringing the doorbell and went to the method of knocking on the door. "I guess he's not here."

"Eddie! It's Dustin!" My brother yelled.

"Great." Steve rolled his eyes. He glanced at me and motioned for me to handle my brother.

"Eddie!" Dustin hit his hand against the door.

"You're funny if you think he would stop if I told him." I breathed out a chuckle, patting my boyfriend's arm. "You're lucky you're cute."

"Look, we just wanna talk, okay? No cops, I swear. We just wanna help."

"I am more than cute." Steve furrowed his brow. "Okay, I-I can make a mean sandwich. I can name over 50 movies in 1 minutes. Dawn, stop. I am hot, okay? I'm so hot."

"Yeah." I chocked back a laugh. "You're right, you are hot."

"Thank you." Steve nodded, crossing his arms. "And I am so much more than being hot. You hear me? Name another hot guy that fights monsters."

"Well..."

"Actors don't count." Steve shot my idea down.

"Rick!" Dustin went back to ringing the doorbell. "Reefer Rick!"

"Don't scream that." Steve scolded him.

"Reefer Rick!" Dustin ignored my boyfriend.

"Dear God, help me." I muttered, turning my back to them. Maybe if I don't see them I cannot hear them.

"Just...he could just be really high." Steve tried to talk to Dustin. There was a slight pause. "Is that a foot?"

"What?" I quickly turned around to see Dustin shining his light on a random shoe that was on the porch.

"No, that's a shoe." Dustin deadpanned.

"Hey, guys?" Max called out from a distance.

I turned to see her a few feet away from us. We walked toward her. Max had her light shining on something straight ahead. I stopped next to her to see a small house, almost like a shed.

"Light is on. Someone's for sure in there." I stated, taking a step forward.

"Are you crazy? We stay as a group from here. Okay?" Steve grasped my hand. He shined his light in everyone's face one by one. "No wandering around without someone. We don't know who is really in there and what is in there. Got it?"