Boys Suck

Starman - David Bowie

▸ Starman - David Bowie

T H E  P O L L Y W O G

"What the hell is that thing?" I peered down at the creature in Dustin's hand.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna keep it." Dustin cupped his other hand on top of it. "Can you get something for me to put it in?"

"Dustin," I sighed. I grabbed the box that trapped the ghosts from the Ghost Busters movie and opened it with the button. Dustin beamed at me and gently placed the slug looking creature inside the box.

"Thanks, Dawny." Dustin nodded and quickly grabbed his sack of candy,  heading towards the front door.

"Wait, Dustin!" I hissed. He had already opened the door. "We don't know what that thing is!"

"I think we just discovered a new species Dawn." Dustin whispered as he opened the door further. The only thing illuminating the house were the lamps. "Now shush, Mom and Dad might be asleep already."

I quietly closed the door behind me. Dustin silently walked through the house with me on his tail. My little brother barely  stepped into the living room when his name was called. I immediately stopped behind him.

"Dusty!" Mom got up from the couch. Dustin froze. A smile grew on her face as she walked towards him. "Dusty, how was it?"

"How was what?" Dustin stammered. I rolled my eyes and walked up next to Mom. I pecked her cheek and picked up Mews.

"'How was what?' The greatest night of the year, of course." Mom told him, placing her hand against the wall.

"Oh. Oh, yeah, it was...it was, uh, tubular." Dustin nodded awkwardly.

"Tubular?" I perked an eyebrow biting back a laugh.

"What's wrong with you?" Mom softly asked, placing her hands on her hips in concern.

"Nothing." Dustin replied.

"Did something happen?" Mom pressed.

"No. What? No." Dustin shook his head, his voice going an octave higher.

"Are you constipated again?" Mom questioned. I chocked back a laugh, quickly covering it with a cough.  

"No. Mom!" Dustin glared at me.

"Okay, you're acting weird." Mom told him.