The Babysitters

Walk This Way - Run DMC

T H E   M O N S T E R   A N D        T H E   S U P E R H E R O  P T

T H E   M O N S T E R   A N D        T H E   S U P E R H E R O  P T . I

Steve drove up to the scene. The road was blocked off with markers and police cars. There was a white blanket covering something in the middle of the scene. Police officers were talking to someone.

"Is that Nancy?" I pointed to the girl who's a staring at us.

Steve quickly parked the car. We all got out, staring at her. Nancy looked back at us with sad eyes. She looked like she was trying not to cry. Nancy lifted her hand slightly to wave at us. I gave a small wave in return.

We grouped at a trailer home park nearby. The six of us sat at a picnic table that was under an awning for shade. Nancy filled us in on what happened to Fred and then we quickly caught her up with what we know.

"You're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy questioned.

"If the shoe fits." Steve played with my fingers as we held hands.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse." Dustin stated. "Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves liking teens, we don't know."

"All we know is this is something different." Max brought to our attention. "Something new."

"Doesn't make sense." Nancy stared at the picnic table.

"It's only a theory."

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy questioned.

"They don't have anything in common, do they? One is a cheerleader, popular and the other works for the school news paper...not so popular." I bit my lip as I tried to piece everything together. "Maybe they saw something with the Mind Flayer?"

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place." Dustin suggested. "They were both at the game."

"And near the trailer park." Max noted.

"We're at the trailer park." Steve stated before he glanced around us. "Uh, should we maybe not be here?"

"There is something about this place. Fred started acting weird the second we hit here." Nancy informed us.

"Acting weird as in..?"

"Scared." Nancy replied. "On edge, upset."