Base of Operations

Manic Monday - The Bangels

V E C N A ' S   C U R S E  P T

V E C N A ' S C U R S E  P T . I

In a short few minutes, Max had filled us in on what she knew about the dead Hawkins student since she lived across the street from the crime scene.  I leaned against the door with my arms crossed against my chest. Something was telling me we were going to be scooby doing this case.

"Chrissy Cunningham?" Dustin asked in shock.  He was pacing the length of his room. "You're sure it was Chrissy?"

"Yes, in her cheerleader outfit. Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie." Max stated with a nod.

"Weren't they both at the high school last night? I mean Chrissy cheering and Eddie playing D&D." They both  gave a nod in my direction.

"Did you tell all this to the cops?" Dustin questioned Max.

"No." Max quickly responded.

"No?" I blinked in shock.

"No, but I...I can't be the only one who saw them together. They stood out." Max replied.

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin questioned.

"Exactly." Max turned to face Dustin when he finally stopped pacing. "You know, his name's not in the news yet or anything, but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect number one now."

"Look, I know Eddie, weirdly enough, through band stuff and him trying out for our band and everything before he made his own-"

"Get to the point, Dawn." Dustin motioned for me to continue.

"But he's a nice guy, a little weird and a drug addict, but he wouldn't commit murder." I finished.

"Thank you! Max, what you're saying is crazy. That's crazy. Eddie didn't do this. Now way." Dustin defended Eddie. Max avoided his gaze. "No way."

"We can't rule it out." Max said.

"Yes, we can."

"Dustin!" Max exasperated.

"You didn't know him like I do, Max. Okay?" Dustin told her. Max rolled her eyes. "When we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends. Mike and me? I mean, no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie."

I frowned. Dustin had informed me that he struggled to make new friends, but I didn't know it was this bad. I bit the inside of my cheek knowing Danny would have known had to handle the situation. He was the one who gave friend advice to Dustin and how to try and fit in.

"Okay. Well, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy." Max countered. Dustin and I gave her looks of disbelief. Was she really comparing Eddie to a serial killer? "Yeah, he's a super nice guy, but then he's murdering women on the weekend."