Pure Fuel

Jump - Van Halen

 T R I C K  O R  T R E A T ,F R E A K

T R I C K O R T R E A T ,
F R E A K

"Now I don't want you to go to the party." Danny argued after I told him about Billy the next morning.

"Well, Becca and Manda said it never hurts to try." I rebutted, rolling my eyes. "So, I'm gonna try it out."

Danny groaned and stomped out of my room. He grumbled curses under his breath along with "I gotta talk to Steve". Holding back a scoff, I tied my flannel around my waist before existing my room.

As soon as I walked into the living room, I saw Dustin posing in his Ghost Busters costume and aiming the toy gun at Mom. Mom was taking pictures with the camera. The two seemed to be having a blast from the mini photo shoot.

"Oh! I want to see those pearls. Yeah." Mom gushed at Dustin. Dustin beamed in response, squeezing his eyes shut as he showed off his full set of teeth (Mom had gotten him partial dentures so the kids at school would stop teasing him).

Mews meowed from the love seat. I quickly cut across before Mom took another picture. Scratching Mews' chin, I leaned against the wall and watched in amusement. My heart warmed seeing my little brother and mother enjoying themselves over a costume.

"Oh!" Mom chuckled and clicked the button for the camera as Dustin switched into another pose. Mom looked over at me.

"Oh, Dawn! Do you remember when you and Danny dressed up as Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia?" Mom questioner, the smile not leaving her face.

"Yeah, everyone freaked because we were siblings dressed as siblings." I chuckled. "And all the girls were jealous about the Leia buns you did on me."

"Well, your long hair helped a lot. And hair spray...and the bobby pins." Mom shook her head with a laugh. "But it was worth it seeing you all happy."

"Wait, didn't Steve go as Han Solo?" Dustin smirked at me.

"Shut up." I hissed. Mom obviously ignored the jab and nodded.

"Oh yes! I took a picture of the two of them together. I have it somewhere here in the house." Mom frowned and furrowed her eyebrows. "Wonder where it is."

"I have an idea." Danny strolled into the room with a smug grin. He leaned against the door frame. "Check Dawn's room. I saw it there last."

"Dawn, oh, you have it?" Mom turned to look at me with hopeful eyes.

"It's on my vanity." I sighed and nodded. Danny and Dustin both shared a high five.