The Junkyard Trap

Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees

▸ Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees

T H E  S P Y  P T . I I

I had arrived to the junkyard first, waiting for the boys to catch up. They finally caught up.

"Finally." I sighed, walking over to them.  Steve and Danny surveyed the yard. I cracked a smile when I saw the sunglasses on Steve. "Is that why you guys took so long?"

"No." Danny rolled his eyes. "Steve and I were giving Dustin tips."

"Dear God." I groaned. "Help my little brother out if he got tips of the two of you."

Danny smacked my arm. I chuckled, shoving him away. Dustin and Steve ignored us as they scooped out the junk yard. They were most likely formulating a plan on how to trap Dart.

"Oh yeah. Yeah, this will do." Steve nodded. He started to walk towards the clearing in the middle of the junk yard, taking off his sunglasses in the process. "This will do just fine. Good call, dude."

Dustin smiled at the praise from someone other than his family. I gave his shoulder a squeeze before tossing more meat around. The boys started to copy my motions, littering chunks of meat around the junk yard.

When we met up in the middle, we poured the rest of the meat to the ground in a pile.

"I said medium-well!" Lucas shouted. Looking up, I saw Lucas on his bike with Billy's sister, Max.

"Who's that?" Steve asked Dustin. Lucas and Max started to make their way towards us.

"Oh." I frowned. Steve furrowed his eyebrows before looking at Dustin's sad expression. "Why did he bring her here?"

"He can get in trouble." Danny wet his lips anxiously. "They can find out."

"I'm going to talk to Lucas." Dustin walked towards his friends before dragging him behind a car to talk privately.

"Steve and I will start prepping things." Danny patted my shoulder and walked off. Steve gave me a small smile before joining my brother.

"Hi, you must be Max." I greeted the younger girl with a smile. I gave her a wave. "I'm Dawn, Dustin's older sister."

"Oh, right, hi." Max held out her hand. Giving her I grin, I shook her hand. "You hang out with Billy, right?"

"Yeah, I'm a friend of his." I nodded. "So...you're here to help out or?"

"Um, I'm here to help." Max tucked a strand of her orange hair nervously. "And to see if this whole demon thing is true."