Thirty Six : "A Horrifying Truth And A Man To Talk To."

The point of readers is to praise the writers, comment, vote, encourage them and be there for them. If you have loved this book so far, loved Arigan, loved Cabel, Gerda, Lafey, and Patrollo, please don't hesitate to follow me and go back and vote on all the chapters that you didn't vote on. Let's all be friends. 😃😃

Gerda was in Argus's room the next morning. He hadn't even taken his bath. Rebecca was in her room bathing, so they didn't disturb her. Gerda sat him down on his bed and told him everything she knew and had heard while being and rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

"Garry told me that she killed Fiona so that we couldn't get to her. Fiona must have had some important information that Eliza didn't want us to know."

"But how did she know about Fiona?" Argus asked.

"That's the scary part. Garry said he saw a maid in the garden plucking apples and putting them in a bucket. That wasn't a maid. That was Queen Elizabeth."

"You mean, she can shape-shift?" Argus stood up immediately.

"Yes. She has the spell."

"The spell? What do you mean?" His

"There's no time for that. Haven't you heard the news?"

"No. Since it's just ten in the morning!"

"Witches in Arigan are leaving. They think that Queen Elizabeth is after each and every one of them."

"That's stupid. The maid that was murdered wasn't a witch."

"That's what the guards tried to tell them. But they were saying spells and disappearing one by one. Along with their bags, children and shops. Two couples actually went with their house."

"Dear god. Queen Elizabeth is doing her best to bring down Arigan."

"She's in the castle. I asked the head of maids whether any maid was appointed to pluck apples but she said she didn't send any."

"Well, Fiona's gone. We have no one to talk to anymore. Excuse me, I have to send my personal bodyguard to fetch me some warm towels." He was walking towards the door when Gerda gasped.

"A personal body guard..."

"Yes? Don't you have one?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, I do." Cabel. Just thinking about him right now made her shiver with pleasure. The kiss was still burning her lips as she thought of his. But she shook her head a little and got back to the situation at hand.
"But what about Queen Elizabeth? Didn't she have one?" Gerda smiled.

Argus smiled. "Good job, Gerda. Now, get out! I smell like a goat's armpit on Christmas morning."

Rebecca entered the room. She had a nice perfume scent around her and a black dress too. "So, what did I miss?" She said looking at Argus with a smile. But he didn't acknowledge her.

"Nothing much. But we discovered stuffs."

"Really, like what?"

"A horrifying truth and a man to talk to."

***👑***

Rebecca was too serious. And by the that, she was being silly. Her eyeballs shot themselves at everyone that passed them. Meanwhile, they were trying to be secretive about where they were heading to and who they were going to meet. But Rebecca had everyone staring at them as they passed. Gerda wouldn't be surprised Elizabeth killed her guard before they arrived.

As they walked deeper into the castle, the lights begun to fade. Rebecca turned to Argus mid way. "So..." She begun proudly."How did I do?" She made a big deal of checking her nails. "Pretty sure nobody followed us."