Nine :"And I Am The First Kangaroo To Be Crowned Queen."

It was battle training again. Another day she truly dreaded. This time her friend really was going to turn to her enemy. But what had happened to the Patrollo she knew? She missed that Patrollo. Gerda wore her battle clothes. The ones that had little armours in them. She walked out of her room wondering whether this might be the last time she ever saw it. Gerda didn't want to report her friend. She thought that she could solve it. And she could. But she didn't know how.

Cabel was waiting for her. He was looking very charming in rich clothes. Because of this, he wanted to do his best to protect Gerda. But if only he knew what he would face ahead, he would have rejected the job. He watched Gerda's face. She was thinking. He noticed that her cloth carried a little armour. She was scared. But he wouldn't let anything happen to her. Under no circumstances would the King be disappointed in him. He was doing all this just for the king. Right?

They walked down to the battlefield. Patrollo was already waiting there. He was drawing doodles on the hard floor with his sword while her sword was in his other hand, poking his leg. That's how blunt her sword was while that was how sharp his sword was.  He looked up as Gerda walked in with Cabel. He smiled. "You don't need to escort her here. You can watch from the sides of the field."

Cabel didn't reply though he knew that Patrollo was right. He glared at him. "I tell you if you should harm the princess —"

"Look, here, guard. You may be the only guard not under my control, but that doesn't mean you can disrespect me. The king have given me orders to take any measurement I need to and he didn't mention you could question me. He wants his daughter to be trained. And I have to just do that." He looked at Gerda as he said that last sentence.

Cabel walked backwards to the side of the field, his eyes never leaving Patrollo. Patrollo threw Gerda's sword to the floor. He pointed his sword at her. "Let's begin, shall we?"

***👑***

Lafey didn't sleep that night. Unlike the other maids who manufactured gossips of the monster that had appeared, she had stayed up reading the Tronox. She found the book so amusing and powerful that she hid it in her dress. But she later regretted not sleeping. The next morning, the Council Of Crafts was invited to the castle. The maids and cooks were in serous business. The cooks cooked while the maids, well, MADE preparation. (See what I did there?) Lafey was climbing up the stressful stairs when she heard hissing. She stopped and ran down the stairs. Then she hid in a room and waited.

   Soon a long black snake came sliding down the stairs. It seemed unnatural and it's eyes glowed. The pattern on the snake was unusual. It moved with strange speed and it's shinning eyes was searching. It seemed too focused than any other snake. But it didn't see Lafey. Soon the snake was gone. Lafey sighed in relief but she sighed too soon.

There was a sneeze behind her. She spun around. Three women stood there. They all had curly hair. They were all fat. One was blond, one was dark haired, one was brunette. Lafey stared at them while they looked around. Good thing they were in the storage room with the kitchen food. The blond woman walked to where the cheese was kept and nibbled on it.

"Um.. Hi!" Lafey said.

The women finally noticed her. Well, expect for the one eating the cheese. "You must be Lafey. We are your grand aunts who died in the war." Said the brunette.

"Oh, sure." Lafey said. "And I'm the first kangaroo to crowned Queen."

The dark haired one stepped forward. "We are serious, girl. I'm aunt Divine, this is aunt Favor (the blonde one), and of course, aunt Mercy (the brunette). We are all witches... WHO SHOULD BE GOING ON A DIET." Aunt Divine said to aunt Favor. Aunt Favor waved her off and continued eating.

  Lafey blinked. "But you are supposed to be dead."

Aunt Mercy nodded. "We appear only when you have the Tronox."

Lafey patted where the book was. "But I had it under Queen Elizabeth's bed. And you didn't appear?"

Aunt Divine rolled her eyes. "If we had all appeared, the bed would have floated up in the air."

Aunt Favor nodded, still eating.

"So what concerns you and this book?" Lafey said.

"Well, this book was ours. We wrote it ourselves with our greatest spells. When we found out the war was coming, we added the summonings of dangerous monsters to eliminate the evil witches. The plan was going well till the head of evil witches stole the book. Then the Brothers of the Air killed us."

"Brothers of the Air?"

"Yes. They were an army that Aunt Mercy made. But when the head of the evil witches stole it, she summoned them against us. The Brothers of the air used their special arrows to kill us. But look at this, one of our own has found our book. Now you can use it. Just use the right spells. Some are very dangerous."

"What about the snake I just saw?"

"Oh! That's just the Snake of Vengeance. I made it." Aunt favor said as she reached for another cheese.

"If you are all ghosts, how come she's eating?"

"That's something we will never know." Aunt Mercy answered.

"Why should the Snake of Vengeance be outside the book?"

"Well, aren't you filled with questions!" Aunt Mercy said.

"Leave her. But she does have a point. Why is the snake outside? Could it be after something? Aunt Favor, you made it. Answer."

The blonde woman swallowed her cheese. "Well, my snake is only summoned when someone needs to die." She continued eating as if it was everyday that a snake was summoned out of a spell book.

"Dear god, who is going to die?" Aunt Mercy covered her mouth in horror. "Oh, I never knew the Tronox would become so dangerous like this."

"Lafey, you have to spy on that snake. Don't let anyone be killed today. Go child. Go!" And the three aunts were all gone. The cheese Aunt Favor had been eating fell to the floor. Lafey's mouth was hanging open. She was thinking about something that you probably missed. Aunt Divine had said that the queen of the evil witches had stolen the Tronox , and Lafey had stolen it from Queen Elizabeth.

That means...

She gulped.

Her eyes widened.

Queen Elizabeth was an evil witch.

She had started the war.

Finally a truth has been uncovered. And there's more to come.

See you next time.

Just really thought I should add this chapter

Just really thought I should add this chapter... Like it? You know what the banner say.