Twenty Five : "Thief! Catch her!"

See any mistake, point it out

                                          One week later...

Gerda looked at the food that Nanny Powrell set down. The rice was as black as a pot's butt. The stew was brown. The meat was black and blocky. Gerda looked at Nanny Powrell. "What's this? Food for Queen Elizabeth?"

Nanny Powrell folded her hand. "I am not a cooking person. Mike always helped me cook."

Gerda smiled; "Who's Mike?"

Nanny Powrell started packing the food. "Nobody. Go outside and play."

Gerda stopped Nanny Powrell. "Tell me. Who's he? Is he your boyfriend? Has a man finally noticed you?"

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, please." Gerda waved the reply away. "Answer me, don't avoid the question. Please tell me. Is he your boyfriend?"

"Gagging goblins and farting faries, yes, he's my boyfriend. YES!! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!" She carried the plates into the kitchen.

Gerda clapped excitedly and twirled. "A man, Nanny, a man. He might like you. And he cooks for you. Oh, this is really exciting. Let's celebrate."

Nanny Powrell ran in. She covered Gerda's mouth. "Not so loud. Someone might hear." Then suddenly, a man entered. He had dirty blonde hair and dark cute eyes. He looked like he was in his fifties like Nanny Powrell. Though he looked old, he was strong and still good looking. He wore dirty jeans and a white shirt. A jacket was tied at his waist.

"Ms. Powrell , are you in?" He froze when he spotted Gerda and Nanny Powrell. She gulped. "So sorry. Wrong house." He was about going out when Gerda grabbed his hairy arm and pulled him in.

"Come in, don't be shy! You must be Mike. Nanny Powrell's boyfriend."

Mike laughed. "Hello, there. And you are?"

Gerda smiled. "I'm Ger—"

"Daphne." Nanny Powrell said quickly. "Daphne Asgard."

Gerda squeezed her face. "No, my name's —"

Nanny Powrell quickly pushed some few coins into Gerda's palm. "Here. Go buy spicy meat." And Gerda was out and running. It was after two minutes that she spotted a hoodie on a stand that she remembered that the people would recognize Gerda as their princess.

But Gerda was long gone.

"Oh no! What have I done?" She turned to Mike. "Wait here, I will be back." She kisses him and ran out with the hoodie.

Meanwhile Gerda was looking at all the sellers and buyers. This place was disgusting, she thought. As a princess, she was used to be being noticed. But now, people just passed her like an ordinary — Gerda froze in her tracks. She was a princess. The people might recognize her and take her to Queen Elizabeth. She pushed her hair across her face, but now she looked like a mad woman. She didn't mind. As long as nobody recognized her.

As she walked, exploring and staring, a man stopped her. He was a dirty man. His hair was unkempt and he had dirty nails. His clothes had a lot of patches and his shoes — Nope, he had no shoes on. "Give me your money?"