Eight: "Patrollo, Stop This. It's Not Funny Anymore."

This was weird. And at the same time, good. Instead of responding, she froze. His lips were still on hers. He was kissing. She wasn't. It was until his left hand crept up to her thigh that she pushed him off. He rolled off the bed and fell. Gerda waited for him to stand up but he didn't. She crept to the side and peeped down. He was unconscious. Gerda rolled her eyes. He had hit his head again.

  Her hands moved to her lips. He had kissed me ... was she could think. But it wasn't really him, it was the effect of the head wound. Gerda came down from the bed and pulled Cabel onto the bed. He grumbled lightly and rolled to the other side. Meaning he fell to the other side too.

  "Oh, come on!" Gerda walked around the bed and pulled him up. He fell on his bed like a dead log and didn't move or grumble. Gerda stared at him for some moments and smiled. She moved back a little but tripped on her gown and fell. At that same moment, Patrollo walked in.

  Gerda stood up immediately. Patrollo's eyes landed on her and suddenly, the spell started to work. His hand drew out his sword as walked towards her. Gerda looked at him and laughed. "Very funny." The swung missed her head by inches as she bent down to pick up Cabel's shoes. Little strands of her hair fell to the floor like feathers.

Gera eyes widened as she saw this. "Oh my god, Patrollo!" She slapped him. But I wouldn't call it a slap since he grabbed her hand midair and swung her across the floor. She hit the little table that had glass bottles. The glass broke on her head, making her head bleed. Her vision went drowsy as she saw another figure move behind Patrollo who was coming close to her.

***👑***

That same evening, an angry Queen walked to her room. She slammed her doors together angrily and walked to her bed with the long stick in her hands. The maids had cleaned up the vomit but Queen Elizabeth didn't know who had done it. She had been in a hurry to ask. She kneeled beside her bed and begun to poke. Eliza managed to bring out her jewellery box which was opened and scattered but the Tronox was nowhere to be seen.

  "I knew it. Someone stole it." She stood up, throwing the stick at the side of the room. "It must have been Gerda. Why else was she late? I mean, she does come late usually but still... She even said I was behind it. It's her. But lucky for me, I memorized some spells. Especially the Vengeance Snake." She took a small rope out of her drawer and placed it on the floor. Then she put five candles around it. They were all lit.

  She closed her eyes and said, "Creature that creeps in the dark dirty deep, come forward with your venom of everlasting sleep." The wind entered the room and put out the candles. Then it slowly carried the rope into the air. Right before Queen Elizabeth's eyes, it began to shake and transform to a long black snake. The only difference between it and normal snakes was that it had glowing red eyes and it could disappear and appear.

  The snake stared at Queen Elizabeth as if waiting for the word.

  "Gerda." She said and the snake was gone.

***👑***

The warm rays of the sun bathed Gerda's face. She turned around, throwing the bedsheet over her head. She loved the smell of the bed and pillow. But her fantasy was interrupted by a voice.

"If you keep lying there, the king might think we had a little fun last night."

She jerked up. It was just Cabel. And he was shirtless. She sighed in relief and laid down again. Then what she had seen sank in. What was she doing in Cabel's room? But that was not the shocking part. He was shirtless?! She quickly sat up to devour the sight. But unfortunately, he began wearing a shirt.

"Dumb luck." She murmured.

"Yes, my princess?" He said. His eyes shone as they stared at her. "Why were you in my room?"

"Don't you remember?" She pointed at her lips. "You —"

Cabel's eyes widened. "No... I'm sorry, your highness. It must have been a dream. I would never try such crime." For a moment, he seemed panicked but then he hid it and maintained his coolness.

  "You think kissing me is bad?" She pouted.

"What? No!!" He actually panicked. "Kissing you is good. Very enjoyable."

  "You kissed me? And you loved every moment of it?"

  "No! Argh! You are confusing me. It was all a dream. I never kissed you."

  Gerda looked at him, shocked. "No. It was not a dream. I swear." A pain hit her at the back of her head. She rubbed it.

Cabel took that time to change the topic. "If you don't mind, your highness, can you explain why the chief of guards was trying to murder you? I saved you. Again."

Gerda grew goosebumps and she shuddered. "Patrollo? Trying to murder me?" She brought out a nervous laugh. "Don't joke like that."

Cabel sat on the bed. "I'm serious. I swear,, he was advancing towards you with his sword raised. I punched him hard, knocking him out. Then I dragged him to the empty hall. Do you think he's still there?"

  They both walked the doors. Cabel pulled it open and looked outside. Nobody laid on the floor. There wasn't even a sign that anybody had been there. Cabel turned back to Gerda. "He must have woken up and walked away."

Gerda looked at him. "So..."

He looked at her. "So..."

Of course, Cabel was lying. He knew all about the kiss. Not that he had kissed her purposely, but that he remembered the kiss. And he had liked it. He quickly shook his head and stepped back. "You should be going. I am now your advisor."

"I know." She turned to go.

"Wait, we shall be going together."

"We? Why?"

  "When I was dropped in this room, I was given your schedule. Today is Thursday, princess Gerda. You have battle training."

  "With Patrollo." They said together.

I'm afraid things just got worst. But what about the Vengeance Snake? We will see later.

       ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT!! ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

       ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT!! ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I have decided to publish two chapters at the same time. I hope this will be worth it to my readers. More chaps are on the way. Get ready for royalty, adventure, darkness, magic and of course ,ROMANCE.