Eleven : "Someone Screamed! Someone's In Danger!!"

Gerda had bathed,changed and was seated at her throne. It was late in the night now. The throne room was not that full. Only rich members of Arigan were allowed to come. Prince Knell and Lord Mason were seated beside her. Prince Knell placed his hand on her hand. "How have you been?"

She nodded. "Quite fine." She stared into his blue eyes, unafraid. Last time she would blush, but now he had no effect on her. He noticed this and drew closer to her. He wrapped a strand of her hair around his index finger.

"I have been thinking about you for day. But I never had the courage to come to your room." His breath bathed her cheek.

Gerda simply unrolled his finger. "Please do not. I assume you have other things to do. Plus I see your father does not look quite well. You better go attend to him. Go now, please." She turned her attention away from him to the small crowd.

Prince Knell stared at her. He had his hands in fists. As he sat back, his head boiled. Nobody was to talk to him like that. He smiled secretly. She would like him. Whether she wanted to or not.

The rich families were seated. King Melondian adressed the small crowd. "Welcome, people. We are all gathered here to witness -" He suddenly turned to the nearest guard. "I thought I ordered a drink." The guard rushed off. "We have all gathered together to witness the arrival of the Council Of Crafts. These skilled wizards of pure royalty has stood for us even though I once asked them to grant me a unicorn and they said no, they are still the best. Ladies and gentlemen, guard who is supposed to serve my wine, I present to you, the Council Of -"

The clapping begun before he could finish.

"Oh, seriously, they are avoiding me? Guard! Where is my drink?" He rushed off.

The main doors opened. Three persons entered. One old man and two old women. They all had white hair and veiny hands. Their skins were white, a little flower and they wore small glasses. They wore dark flowing gown that trailed after them. They walked with excellent grace.

They got to their seats at the same time. At that same moment, Queen Elizabeth excused herself. She walked out of the hallway in a hurry as if she was late for something. King Melondian welcomed them.

"Welcome, Argus, Rebecca, and Lydia. Still any chance that you could magick me that unicorn?"

The leader, Argus, glared at him. "You are a grown man. Act like it." He whispered

"I would have started acting like it years ago if you had given that unicorn." The king snapped at him quietly.

Argus shook his head and looked at the crowd below. "Welcome to this gathering. You are all-"

"I already said that, Argus." King Melondian said.

Argus glared at him. "We, the Council Of Crafts, are here to discuss the arrival of the strange creature that almost killed princess Gerda."

Gerda, though hearing she was almost killed, smiled. She felt important until Nanny Powrell shook her head at her disapprovingly. Gerda wondered why she was here. She wasn't rich.

"The strange creature -" Argus carried on.

"It's called a gargoyle, Argus." King Melondian said.

"King Melondian!!" Argus removed his hand threatening to cast a spell.

"What? Something wrong with your hand?" He said as he stared at Argus's shaking hand. It was red in anger.

"As I was saying, the gargoyle was summoned but we do not know how it came. That is why we are here. To investigate it. We will be staying in the castle for some days meaning you will be seeing a lot of us."