Twelve: "It's The Work Of Hix."

Sorry ahead for any typos.

The rich people left immediately. Almost all of them were dragged out. There was so many confusion when the lights came back on due to the funkiness from the wine. A couple thought they were dead. Another said they were on honey moon. Another said they ate the King's butt. The hardest person to drag away was the man who kept calling Gerda a bouncing underwear. He kept shouting that he needed her for an interview he was going on. Said it was a lucky underwear. Gerda promised to remind herself to go bath thoroughly.

None of the royals noticed that a dead body had been resting on the floor behind the Councillors' table under the high floor. But now the body was gone. The only thing that remained was a big stain of blood. And the only thing they did when the lights came on was to check their clothing for their purses. A couple even kissed.

King Melondian stared at the blood once the throne room had been emptied. The whole royal family had stayed behind. Gerda walked to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Father..."

He sighed.

Argus and Rebecca both wore a face of shock and fear.

Then suddenly King Melondian yelled in anger. "This happened right before us. Where are the guards?"

Patrollo and the guards marched in. They bowed before the King.

"Rise, Patrollo." King Melondian hissed quietly.

  Before Patrollo had even finished rising, a hand full of rings cracked against his left cheek. He stumbled back and spat blood.

"WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THIS HAPPENED?" The King roared.

Patrollo's eyes slowly moved to Gerda's. And as he stared at them, he answered, "Drinking, your Highness."

King Melondian slapped him again. This time, the rings cut open his cheek. Blood slipped out. Garry smirked loudly. Gerda stepped forward to stop her father but Garry grabbed her hand stubbornly. The king slapped him again. And again. And again. By that time, his face had scars. And Gerda could have stopped all this if Garry had let her go. But Garry held her till her father said; "Take him to the dungeon. And starve him."

At that moment, Garry let her go and walked away, smirking.

***👑***

  Lafey paced as all the maids shared their own dose of their theory. But ever since she found out that Queen Elizabeth was a witch, she had accused her of everything.

A day before her food spoilt. "That evil witch doesn't want me to eat. Curse her."

Another day before her washed clothes fell to the floor. "That evil witch doesn't want my cloth to dry. Curse her."

And yet another day before she was stung by a bee. "That damn witch! She sent the bee to attack me. WELL, YOU CAN TRY ALL YOU WANT BUT I AIN'T GIVING UP." Lafey yelled at the sky in frustration.

And today, it was just the same. "It has to be that witch. I just know. I have a feeling." This was the same feeling she got when her food spoilt, her clothes fell, and a bee stung her.

Lafey went to her room and sat on her bed. She was pondering whether to confront Queen Elizabeth or send her a blackmail letter. But yet, a heap of fear was placed in her heart. Queen Elizabeth had magic, she didn't.

At once, there was a flash of light and her three aunts appeared.

Lafey screamed and fell off the bed. When she got up, she blew a strand of hair out of her face. "Why are you here? I don't have the Tronox."

"Good morning to you too." Aunt Mercy said.

"Got any snacks here?" Aunt Favor asked looking  around.

  "No. But you have to go. This is not my personal room. You will get caught. Go, go!"

"Hold your ponies!" Aunt Divine said.

"We have come to warn you to help your friend, Gerda. The princess is in danger. Nobody has realized this till now. Witches are hard to kill. That's why the death rate of the humans was high during the war. Only one sword can kill a witch properly. It's called Hix. The sword."

"So the thing that was used to kill the councillor—"

"Was the Hix."

"It was the work of the Hix." Aunt Favor said.

  "It must be Queen Elizabeth." Lafey accused.

"That's the second reason we came. Stop blaming your frustrating mistakes on her just because she's a witch. You might as well be blaming all witches." Aunt Divine said.

Lafey folded her hands. "So about this sword..."

"Yes, someone possess it but you all must find out."

"You all?"

"You will know when the time is right." Aunt Mercy said.

"Before we go, take this." Aunt Favor put a beautiful necklace on her neck. "It should protect you only against bad."

"That will be all." Aunt Divine said. And they disappeared.

Lafey was about sitting on the bed when her roommate, Fiona, walked in. "We need to go clean the throne room. Go get a bucket of water."

Minutes later, she was fetching water from a barren. When the bucket was full, she carried it into the hall, walking noisily as the water spilled little by little. Then around a corner, Queen Elizabeth bumped into her. The bucket of water hit her left knee and splashed a little water on her dress.

"Oh my god..." Lafey started. Then she saw who it was. "Oh, it's just you."

"Excuse me?" Queen Elizabeth snapped.

Lafey narrowed her eyes. "You may be a queen but you are also a wicked heartless being."

Queen Elizabeth raised her hand which was about to crack against Lafey's cheek when Lafey said; "Don't even try it you witch."

There was silence. Queen Elizabeth stared at Lafey in shock. Lafey stared back. Then she removed a piece of paper and handed it to Queen Elizabeth.

"What's this?" The Queen asked.

"The list of things I need. You have to do it so that I don't tell anyone your little secret." Lafey smiled and folded her hands.

Queen Elizabeth smiled too. Then suddenly the list went up in flames in two seconds. "Bravo! You know!"

Lafey stepped back. All her confidence had vanished. She now saw it. The Queen was a powerful witch, she was just a maid with bad blackmailing method.

"You killed Councillor Lydia, didn't you?" Lafey asked shakily.

"No." Eliza laughed. "You are clever, girl. But not clever enough. You know too much." She raised her right hand. "Goodbye."

The tip of her finger begun to glow. It was red.

Let us stop here.

END.

*****************NEXT ON GERDA**************

"You are not Lafey. I knew I should have taken that blonde hair seriously." The first guard said to Gerda. He pulled out his sword.