Thirty Three : "We Start Our Investigation Tomorrow."

I want absolute politeness. If you see any error whatsoever, please be sure to point it out in the comments section. I can make your life a living hell if you are rude to me. 😈😈😑😃

Gerda was back in the castle. Her room had been built better than before. It was fixed and polished. A party was fixed the next two days. Everyone in Arigan was invited. Whether rich or poor. Patrollo was given his post back and an apology. Cabel was Gerda's advisor again. Lafey was given the name of The First Lady of the castle.

The Council started packing since Queen Elizabeth had been exposed, but on the day they were to leave, Gerda hurried down to their room. Argus had finished packing and was waiting for Rebecca. It was going to be an awkward trip without Lydia.

"Argus," Gerda said, stepping inside the room.

Argus smiled and this was a rare thing. "Well, it's our young hero. Princess Gerda."

Gerda smiled back. "I have come to tell you not to leave. Queen Elizabeth wasn't the one who murdered Lydia. She wasn't in the room when it happened. But she helped. Do you remember how the lights went out one by one? And how they came back on again? One by one."

Rebecca sighed. "There goes our trip."

Argus stared at Gerda hard, scratching his beard. "Are you saying someone might be working with Queen Elizabeth?"

Gerda nodded quickly. "Please find her killer. I can help. We already have one clue. The lights. They went out by magic."

Argus nodded. "True, true, true!"

"And the Hix?"

Rebecca and Argus gasped. "How do you know about the Hix? That information was supposed to be private."

"Private? The maids have already made a song about it."

"That can't be true."

A maid was passing, singing, "🎶Hix, Hix, not a weapon to fix, all it does is to kill, and it's made out of steel.🎶" The song carried on till she was done the hall.

"I must confess, it's a catchy song." Rebecca said.

"Rebecca!" Argus snapped.

"We have to investigate together. But in secret, when anyone ask why you are still here, tell them to rest."

"To rest. Got it?" Argus said.

"Thanks. We start our investigation tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? But tomorrow's Coronation. I want to party." Rebecca said.

"Rebecca!" Gerda and Argus snapped.

Gerda walked out, smiling. She was still smiling when she turned a corner and bumped into Cabel. She gasped. Every since they had returned to the castle, Gerda had been avoiding him. She would always look in the other direction when he was coming.

"Gerda," he said. "We have to talk. Please can you just listen to _ you're walking away!"

Gerda walked faster. She couldn't bring herself to forgive him. He had abandoned her with Queen Elizabeth, broke her magic which she was still trying to get back, and then called her a stupid witch. But he had saved her so many times... A hand fell on her shoulder, stopping her escape route.

It was him. "Gerda, please. I know I hurt you lot. But please let me make it up to you."

Gerda shrugged his hand off her shoulder. "No. You left me alone when I needed you the most. You broke me because of you, I lost my powers. You called me a stupid witch. After I saved you from that possessing demon, how did you thank me? By leaving me. No. I will not forgive me." Tears came to her eyes. She stepped back.

He stepped forward. His eyes were watering. "Gerda..."

"No, wait." She cleaned her eyes. "Patrollo confessed his feelings for me. He has been with me through everything —"

" And I haven't?" Cabel said.

"Cabel, please..." Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Gerda, please give me one more chance. I promise to guard and protect you. Gerda, you are different. I swear, I can't resist you. I have tried to leave you alone, but I can't stop thinking about you."

"Cabel, stop..."

He pulled to him by her waist and then he pressed his lips against hers. It was hot and rough but Gerda liked it like that. He kept kissing till Gerda slowly started kissing him back. She tried to push him away to stop herself from being fooled again, but she  knew he was kissing her because he loved her,she continued to lose herself in the kiss. The kiss was the sweetest thing that had happened to her.

In a passionate way.

He put his hands around her waist and pressed her against his chest. Gerda was still kissing back and combing his hair with her fingers. She was against the wall in a matter of minutes and Cabel took control. He kissed her, exploring her mouth and enjoying her taste.

Gerda suddenly snapped out of it and pushed him away. She breathed for some seconds then ran away, blushing. Her hands didn't turn green. When she noticed this, she begun to cry. She loved Cabel, but hated him for what he did to her.

He had taken away her magic.

Gerda ran into her room and bolted the door. She leaned against it and begun to cry. She was so engrossed in her crying that she didn't notice that a light rain had begun to fall. It was when she liked at the window she noticed it.

Hope ran true her heart. Her magical effects. This was the sad effect. Once she smiled, the rain stopped. She begun to chuckle in excitement. And then it hit her.

True love's kiss.

When she had kissed Patrollo, her effect didn't appear. That meant that Cabel was the right one for her...

There was a knock on the doors. Gerda responded. The doors opened and Lafey ran in with the Tronox in her hands. She sat Gerda on her bed and opened the box to where she had kept her finger.

"Lafey, what is it?"

Lafey handed Gerda the book. Gerda looked. She saw the picture of a flower named Yetil. It was given to a person's crush to make them like you. "So? Why are you showing me this?"

"No. Not the flower. Look," She pointed at the middle of the book. "This page has been ripped out." It was true. The remains of the page was sticking out from the center of the book.

"What was on this page?" Gerda asked.

"The spell for shape-shifting. Queen Elizabeth was with this book before. She must have torn it out. That means that ..."

"She could be in the castle. Among us." Gerda completed dreadfully.

  END.

*****************NEXT ON GERDA****************

"I can't believe after I helped you take down my own mother, you still didn't tell me about this investigation!" Garry said.