Twenty Four: "All Hail King Garry."

See any mistake, point it out.

Garry was sulking. He didn't eat much or go out. He had headaches now and then. He would stay in bed and groan for hours. The rare times he went out was to go check the dungeons. But they remained empty. He would look at Lafey's cell and groan. Sometimes he thought he saw her sitting there, laughing. Then he would rub his eyes and she would disappear.

Queen Elizabeth never noticed this because she was too busy making arrangements for the coronation that was few days away. She was claiming all the properties of the king and using Garry's name as a reason. She said she wanted to make a better future for her son and Arigan. And everyone was blinded her sweet promises.

The real motive for her actions was since she had lost a first time, she wasn't going to lose the second time. This time she was going to be in complete control and no fool would dare stand in her way.

Expect Gerda, and her friends.

Gerda was dead, she tried to believe those words but she too knew it was a lie. If she was dead, where was her body? She had sent maids to search the castle premises and yet no body. And if she was alive, why wasn't she coming back? The answer was simple.

Gerda had a plan.

Queen Elizabeth went into her room. She got out her jewelry box and opened it. The Tronox was gone. Her scream was said to wake up monsters in the west. She threw the box at door when the guards tried to come in. Her eyes glowed red in anger. The book...  they had escaped and carried the book. Gerda's friend...

"Lafey..." She growled.

Queen Elizabeth burst out of her room and walked to the roof. She looked ahead at the village of Arigan. They seemed so small and tiny. She wanted to squash all the good witches that had fought against her. Gerda was alive and she knew it. Suddenly she let out a scream, red hot light coming out of her mouth and shooting into the sky.

Then she saw three boys heading for the castle. She walked down with speed, missing Garry who hid in the darkness of the hall. He was panting and sweating. Lafey was in danger. He had to warn her.

Queen Elizabeth was seated at her throne. The three boys stood before her. They had injuries. One had bloody nose, the other was rubbing his wrist, while the other was leaning forward as of he had hurt his back.

"Your majesty, we have come to complain. A woman has been owing us money now and she doesn't want to pay. We have ask her kindly to give us our money but she has refused. She even called a man and a girl to beat us up."

Queen Elizabeth smiled. "So a girl fought you and won? Ha! This keeps getting better."

"No. She was fast. Her long black hair moved with her. And her companion, a man, wearing leather clothes like he had come out of jail, finished us." Said the boy to the right.

The boy in the middle slapped his stomach. "Don't say it like that!"

An eyebrow on Eliza's face rose. "Clothes like a prisoner?"

"Yes."

"Describe him."

"He had long brown hair and brown eyes. He looked strong and also, his hair was tied like a horse tail. He also had some cuts on his face."

Queen Elizabeth remembered the slaps that King Melondian had given Patrollo. His face had been injured by the rings. "Quick. Do you know where they went?"

"No. Do you know them?" Said the middle one.

"Don't ask questions." Eliza stood up and begun to pace. Patrollo and Lafey were now in the village. They were still in Arigan. She stood before them. "I want you to keep an eye on those two. If you spot them, kill them."

Desmond, Steve and Jacob bowed.

"You may go. But the girl, you must take a book, named Tronox from her. It's a really old book but it's mine. If you dare read from it, I will have your heads. Understood?"

"Yes, your highness." They said, bowing again.

"Get out."

They hurried away, shivering in fear. But as they walked down the hall, they bumped into Garry who had heard everything. He blocked their path, hands in his pocket. "So where are you going?"

They looked at each other and Desmond said, "To the village, your majesty."

Garry removed a small bag of money and threw it at Desmond, who caught it greedily. "Take that and stop bothering that woman. Also, I want to be the first to hear where those two are, understood?"

"I'm sorry, your majesty. But the Queen has already —" He slammed against the wall by Garry who held him by the neck. He squeezed till Desmond couldn't breathe and his face turned red.

"I will not repeat myself, commoner. I will not." Garry let him crumple to the ground. Steve and Jacob helped him and together they scurried off. Gary cracked his knuckles and smiled as he watched them go.

  Lord Mason and prince knell walked down the hall. Once they spotted him, they walked over. Lord Mason clapped human his shoulder. "Well look who is becoming king. Our little boy."

Garry frowned. "I'm not little, Lord Mason. I'm nineteen."

Lord Mason laughed. "Oh please. You must be glad to be king. I bet you are already making up your own rules. You get to have all the beautiful mistress you want. You would have fun all night." He laughed again.

Prince knell stared at Garry. His smile came slowly when Garry's eyes caught his. "But don't be sad when everything crumples." And he walked away.

"What's his problem?" Garry asked.

"I don't know. He's been acting weird lately. Sorry for loss. You must really miss your sister."

And he did. The castle seemed so empty now without Gerda, Cabel, Lafey and Patrollo. Especially Lafey. He had no one to tease, no one to try to expose or no one to accuse. It was like a situation when a child had no friend his age in his house but only his mother and few other people. Prince knell didn't count. He was always in his room.

"Anyway, have a good day. All hail king Garry!" Lord Mason laughed as he walked away.

But why didn't Garry trust that laugh?

END.

*************NEXT ON GERDA***********

  "Get back here. Thief! Thief!!"

Gerda ran off hurriedly. At her back, she heard the woman tell someone to catch her.