Twenty Nine : "Why In The Hell Would You Kiss Me?"

See any mistake, point it out in the comments section. But don't be rude. I eat human meat, Okay? Good. Now enjoy the chapter. 🙎😉

That same evening, Desmond, Jacob and Steve were eating in a shop when they saw Patrollo and Lafey walked out of Nanny Powrell's house. Steve pointed at them, still chewing his meat. Desmond struggled to see because a man was standing by the window, staring at them too. When he saw them, he cleaned his mouth with his napkin and stood up. Jacob grabbed his hand.

"Where are you going?" He said. "Don't you remember what prince Garry said?"

"Yeah." Steve said. "He should be the first to know."

Desmond touched his neck, remembering how Garry had jerked his neck and nearly strangled him. "Fine. We leave now."

A waiter came and dropped off three bowls of hot chicken pepper soup. Desmond looked at the food then he licked his lips. "Change of plans, we leave after we eat those chicken."

"Understood." And they all dived in.

Later, they walked to the castle. They used the hallway, checking vigilantly. Then they asked a guard to direct them to Garry's room. Garry was bathing when they came in. He tied his robe and walked out, his hair dripping with so much water. He sat on his bed and watched them as they approached him cowardly.

Desmond bowed and spoke. "We have spotted them. We think that they live with Madam Noelle, the woman that was owing us."

"You think?" Garry said, narrowing his eyes. He had lost weight. He had rejected every food brought to his room. Every morning, he would exercise Mingus room secretly. Now he had a body that everyone wanted. His muscles were starting to show and abs laid foundation on his flat stomach.

  "Yes. They saved her once." Steve added.

Garry looked over at Steve. "Who asked you to talk?"

Steve bowed. "Sorry your majesty."

"The girl..." Garry said, "Was she okay?"

  "Yes." Desmond nodded. "She was the one who even punched me before."

Garry couldn't help but smirked. "That's Lafey alright." He wiped his smile. "Does my mother know about this?"

Desmond shook his head. "No. She doesn't even know we are here."

"Good. Keep it that way." Garry stood up.

"But, your majesty , the Queen says she will kill us if we don't come back. We have to tell her."

Garry thought for a moment. "Fine. Tell her."

Desmond looked over at his men. Then at Garry. "Are you sure, your majesty?"

"Yes. I already have a plan. But first, if I were a villager, how would you direct me to their house?"

***👑***

The door to Madam Noelle's cottage opened and Garry walked in. Lafey turned around in fright. She had been setting the table for dinner. Noelle's husband, Henry, was reading a book by the window. Madam Noelle and Patrollo were nowhere to be seen. Henry gasped and bowed. Lafey's mouth fell open and she picked up a kitchen knife.

"Back away, jerk. How did you find us?" She eyed him up and down. "Oh, and nice body by the way."

Garry smirked arrogantly, his eyes on her. He walked to her, his boots sounding loud on the wooden floor as he drew nearer. She said all kind of threats as he came closer. And what she was doing was attracting him the more. Why? Because he loved her attitude, her looks and her reaction when he mocked her.