Seven: "What In The Name Of All That Is Royal Is Wrong With You?"

Lafey didn't let go of the Tronox. She held the book in her sweaty hands as she watched the Queen's hand pat around the floor blindly. The Queen let out a frustrating sound and stood up.

  "Where is that book? I must have pushed it too far inside." She paced, thinking. Then her evil eyes landed on the long stick that was leaning against the wall, next to the window. (I, myself, don't even know what the stick was doing there.) Soon the stick was firmly in her hands. Queen Elizabeth kneeled on the floor and poked the stick under the bed. It hit Lafey in the stomach. But she didn't make a sound.

  The double doors opened and a servant stepped in. He bowed. "My Queen, the king has asked for you and your son. He is in the throne room." He left.  Queen Elizabeth dropped the stick and dusted her hands. She glanced at the bed and strode outside, with Garry following.

  Once the doors closed, Lafey rolled out, rubbing her stomach. She felt funny for a minute then she vomited all over the floor. She was still clutching the book as she walked to the doors. She was about grabbing the knob when the doors begun to open. She quickly hid behind it. It was Queen Elizabeth.

  And while she screamed in disgust, Lafey quietly ran out, smirking to herself.

  Now let's go see why the king called everyone together.

***👑 ***

The throne room was filled for the second time. The first time had been when the bad witches of Arigan had tried to over rule. All the people had run to the throne room to hide. By that time, our Gerda had not yet been born.

The noise in the throne room was deafening as a head bandaged Cabel walked into the room. He was staggering a little but he kept pushing himself. The guards half carried and half escorted him. He was set down on a chair that was facing the five golden thrones. Queen Elizabeth and Garry walked in. Queen Belle was already seated by King Melondian. Besides the five thrones were two sliver thrones which was occupied by prince Knell and Lord Mason.

As usual, Gerda came last. Her gloves covered her perfect hands. She had healed the blisters on her hands in the pool and if anyone should see that her wounds had disappeared, questions would rise. She sat on her throne right beside prince Knell. He picked up her left her hand and kissed it.

  "I'm sorry. I really wished I was there to save you but my father here wanted to ensure my safety first." He nodded at his father who had his eyes fixed on the crowd.

  "It's okay," She wanted to keep her hands there but he dropped it.

Her disappointed eyes turned to Cabel. He had saved her. But right now, he looked so tired and weak. She turned to her father. "Father, can't whatever you are doing wait? My hero is tired. We ought to allow him to rest."

Her father waved her protest away. "He will rest later. He has to be awarded." He held her hands firmly. "He saved you, darling."

  The King turned to the noisy crowd. "Silence." The whole crowd kept quiet. "I have called you all here to witness the promotion of one of the royal workers. As you all know, a demonic creature appeared out of the blue and attacked our kingdom, Arigan and also our princess. All the soldiers trembled and ran at the sight of it, but one not only confronted it but saved the princess. Ladies and gentlemen, I present Cabel  Fredess."

  The crowd clapped heartily while Cabel sat on the chair tired and weak. He tried to make a hand gesture but failed. King Melondian silenced the crowd again. "I will award him with the position of being princess Gerda's adviser. He will be in charge  of her doings, he will remind her of her duties and of course, he will be her guard. No one is allowed to lift a single finger on him or he or she will have to face me." The king got up, waved to the cheering crowd and left. Queen Belle followed him while Queen Elizabeth and her son stayed behind for the celebration.

  Gerda walked to the tired Cabel. She sent him an uneasy smile. "Woah, you hear all that?"

  Cabel groaned.

"Yeah, I'm surprised too. Should I help you to your room? That's funny, I don't even know your room. Maybe I should call one of the maids." She gestured to one of the idol maids who came quickly. "Do you know his room?"

  The maid shook her head. "No. The king appointed a particular group of mass for — oh look here they come."

  A line of well dressed maids came into view. They grabbed Cabel gently and half walked half dragged him away. Gerda started following them but a hand caught her arm. It was Queen Elizabeth.

  "Gerda, how are you? I heard what happened. Oh, I was so worried. I sent so many soldiers to come —"

"Oh, please save it." Gerda said rudely.

  "How dare you." Hissed Queen Elizabeth as she stepped closer.

"You don't have to pretend to care. Something smells fishy about that monster and I have a feeling you are behind it all." Of course Gerda was just joking, but oh! How right she was.

Queen Elizabeth chuckled. "Oh, please. I am not a witch. All the witches are in the village. The only witches in the palace are the members of the Council Of Crafts(COC.)  But I have to know; How did you defeat that monster?"

Gerda smiled. "Simple. I simply told him tales of your ugliness." She walked away leaving behind a fuming angry Queen. Gerda entered the empty hall. She quickly increased her pace to catch up to the maids that had Cabel. As she turned a corner, she spied them entering a room. She waited for the maids to come out, and when they did, her shoes were killing her leg.

  She slipped into the room. Cabel's room was just as big as her own. The curtains were fancier, the rugs were much beautiful, the doors were sliver and the bed was much more bigger than her own.  Cabel laid on his bed. The maids had removed his shoes and socks. The curtains were drawn apart and the wind flowed in with grace.

Cabel snored lightly.

Gerda didn't know why she liked looking at the face of her savior. She touched his face, it looked so rough and yet it felt so smooth. It felt so...

  Cabel grabbed her hand and pulled her. She landed on the bed and soon she was under him. His body pressed her firmly to the bed but she liked it and she didn't know why.

"What in the name of all that is royal is wrong with you?" She exclaimed.

He didn't answer me but stared at her lips. The injury on his head was making him do all this. If he were to wake up now and see where he was, he would have screamed and run away. But he wasn't himself.

And slowly he pressed his lips onto hers.

Well, the worst has happened. How will Gerda react?

 How will Gerda react?