Thirty Four (Teo)

Start from the beginning

"I wouldn't call her his friend, well, not anymore..."

"Why? What happened?"

"Well, everything was going smoothly at first. That Marissa girl seemed to have forgiven Clark and all, they laughed and smiled, but when Clark went to the toilet, she started hitting on me." Axel sighed.

"Huh? Seriously, where is that confidence of yours coming from? Are you sure you were not just imagining things?"

"No. I'm pretty sure she made a pass on me."

"And why would she do that?"

"Because she still holds a grudge against Clark." Axel said. "Maybe I'm wrong. God, I hope I am, but I think she's trying to get back at Clark, because until now she likes Nelson, and Nelson is still bothering Clark."

"That's horrible... If it's true." It was not that easy to believe what Axel was saying. I mean, sometimes he exaggerates.

"Exactly why I am not sure if I should tell Clark or not. He seemed really happy to reconnect with her, I mean, it would be like giving a child a toy then taking back instantly." Axel sighed. He was really worried about Clark.

"You should avoid Marissa. That's the only thing you can do now." I told him.

"I don't know. If Marissa isn't really that sincere in being friends with Clark again, then I think he should avoid her as well." Axel sighed. "But Clark seemed so happy to be friends with her again..."

"Well, I still think the less you interact with her - both of you - the less chance of getting hurt." I told him.

"I guess you're right..." He sighed again.

"Ahh, that's right. Have you met our new neighbour?"

"No. Why? Have you seen him?" Axel asked back defensively.

"Not yet, but I'm a bit curious... Ethan said his name is Peter too..." I said in a low voice.

"That's just a coincidence. The name Peter is common." Axel added.

"I know that, but... it's just that..."

"What is it?" Axel asked. "Teo, listen to me; if Damien hears you right now, he would be hurt. We all know Peter is your first love, what do you think Damien would feel if you're still hanged-up about your first love?"

Axel was right. I was thinking too much about it, but still, Peter is not only important to me, he's also very important to Damien.

"I'm not saying that you should forget about him." Axel continued. "All I'm saying is that you should focus on Damien, he's the one you love, right?"

"Of course. There's no question about that..." I said shyly.

"Let's say, hypothetically, someone like Peter comes along. Someone totally like him, what would you do?" Axel asked again

"It would not matter. There's only one Peter, and he's in a better place now. Damien is the one in my heart, no one can replace him."

Axel smiled. "That's good to hear. You and Damien are perfect for each other, don't let anything get in your way. Ahh, that's right, for the time being, I'll answer the door. It's safer that way."

"Isn't that a bit too much, I mean, it's not like..."

"It's a stalker, Teo. You don't know how messed up those people minds are. It's better to be safe." Axel insisted.

"Ok, fine..." It was no use arguing. Axel was only thinking about my safety, and I can't really argue or complain about that, if anything, I am really thankful that he is looking out for me.