~Him~

He chose not to leave. Or rather couldn't leave. He wanted to be close to her if something happened. And he didn't trust Veronica enough to do it. He sat there for hours, waiting for something to happen. When her mom parked her car he watched her walk inside and share a long hug with Betty. He was about to drive home when he heard her yelling. He didn't hear what she said but she was pissed. How was he supposed to leave her? He listened to the rain dripping madly on his car. Watched the raindrops fall from the sky. Observed how they behaved when they touched the glass. Smoked a few cigarettes. He watched Archie and his family enter her house. He decided not to run inside and tackle Archie. Which was one of his better decisions. He sat there waiting for her to walk outside. And when she did, he rested his eyes on her and sighed in relief. She was alive. She hadn't done anything stupid. She wasn't okay, she wasn't fine, she wasn't happy, but she was alive. He watched her fight with her mom. Watched her shut the door loudly and sit down. Hide her face in her hands. He watched her watch him.

He was unsure of what to do as their eyes met. When she looked away he decided to talk to her. So he walked out of his car and moved closer to her.
"Hi." He said and she gave him a slight smile but looked away once again.
"Hi." Her voice was thick with sadness. He could see how hard she tried not to fall apart. But he knew her better than that. So he sat down beside her.
"Isn't it a little too cold and wet for you to be outside?" Betty didn't answer. She just stared at his car. "Are you okay?" He asked. She forced herself not to look at him, even though that was the only thing she wanted to do. Besides fixing his messy hair, covered by his beanie.
"No." She admitted for the first time. He was so worried for her. She didn't deserve any of this.
"That's okay." He put a hand on her shoulder but she moved away.
"Don't." She said and cleared her throat. "Why did you pretend you loved me? What did you gain from it?" She mumbled. He frowned.
"What do you mean?" He asked. Not sure of what she was talking about.
"Don't play stupid. You have a girlfriend." She whispered. Disgusted by the thought of him sleeping with someone else.
"Yeah I did. You." He said.
"No Jughead, that Melanie girl." Jughead laughed and lit a cigarette.
"Melanie? I see you've done your stalking part of the relationship." She looked at him with raised eyebrows.
"This isn't a joke." Betty said. Jughead smiled.
"Melanie and I were just fuck buddies. Nothing more. I don't even like her. But she was kinda good at blow jobs." Betty coughed and Jughead smirked as he inhaled the smoke.
"Have you...since we...?" Jughead shook his head.
"I would never do that to you. I love you, I dislike her. That's a whole lotta difference." Jughead smiled and Betty took his cigarette. He looked surprised when she inhaled the smoke but didn't say anything. He enjoyed watching the smoke leave her red lips. If things wouldn't have been so fucked up he would've fucked her right here. He had noticed that she was dressed slightly different today. Less prude and more...slutty wasn't the right word but she definitely showed more skin. And he was all for it. He imagined pulling her shirt up and pulling down her pants. He would've pushed himself inside of her over and over again. He'd kiss the gentle skin on her stomach and watched her hair rise.
"What?" Betty said and he woke up from his perverted daydream. She looked slightly happier.
"Nothing." He said and smiled.
"Then why did she write baby?" Jughead still hadn't convinced her. She was so afraid to get hurt.
"I honestly don't know. I think she's like in love with me or something. But please leave it be. Can we like...get out of here. I cant with my mom." Jughead nodded. "Besides it's kinda cold." Jughead took off his Serpent jacket and put it around her bare arms. Her hair was soaking and so was she. And he for that matter. She put on his jacket and he bit his lip at the sight of her with a Serpent jacket. She was so hot.
"How about we go to New York City?"
"What?" He smiled. About to do whatever it took to make her love him again. Not knowing she had always loved him. For how can someone, love the snake he he is.
"I'll drive. It's just like two hours away." Betty shook her head.
"I can't. I have to be close to my mom. I know she's pretending like nothing happened. But she's hurt you know." Jughead nodded.
"Okay." He tried to figure out where they could be and texted his dad.
Are you home?
Within seconds his dad replied.
No, I'm out of town
Jughead thought it sounded strange. Not at all like his dad. But he shrugged and turned to Betty.
"My place?" Betty nodded.
"Where do you live." Jughead looked at the ground and started to twirl his hair.
"In a...in a trailer."