~Him~

He woke up half an hour later. Betty was gone and he was alone in her room. At first he wanted to find her but after staring at the roof for a few minutes he decided to take a closer look in her room. The first thing he noticed was a stuffed bear sitting in the corner of her bed. He hadn't noticed it before and smiled at how old it looked. He could imagine Betty hugging it when she was younger. Jughead stood up and opened a box on top of her birch drawer. It was filled with necklaces and bracelets and Jughead promised himself to give her a crown necklace one day. He smiled when he found one in rose gold formed as a B. He wondered why she didn't wear it. When he opened the first drawer he saw a little notebook. He opened it and saw each side filled with her delicate letters.

I was at Archie's when a few Serpents walked inside. At first I was scared. But one of them, a tall raven haired boy with a grey crown beanie caught my eyes. He was one of the hottest guys I've ever met.

Jughead stopped reading when he realized it was a diary. He gently put it back and opened a letter. He knew he wasn't supposed to. But has that ever stopped him? He opened the letter.

Betty Cooper.
I never thought I was going to fall for you.

"Same, unknown writer, same." Jughead said to himself as he kept reading.

But I did. And I'm happy I did.

"Whoever you are I feel you." Jughead said with a big smile on his lips.

I know we will make a power couple. I mean I'm on the football team and you're a cheerleader. Can it get better?
I'm not very good at with this romantic part. As you probably have noticed. I'm just happy you asked me on that first date.
Forever yours,
Archie

"Well guess what, Archie?" Jughead scoffed. "You're not hers anymore. I am. Suckaaaah." Jughead said and put the letter back. He was happy Betty had wanted him. But really he was happy she had brought him back to life. His phone lit up and he quickly put the disgusting letter back and opened his phone. When he saw Melanie's name he sighed and answered.
"Yes?" He mumbled.
"Jones." She said and he could see her biting her lips. The only person who have ever done that and actually managed to turn him on was Betty. Hell, when she did that while letting out her hair, that was probably the hottest thing he had ever seen. He imagined her doing it and got hard in just a few seconds. Holy fuck, he thought to himself, that girl had some sort of power over him that he didn't understand. But hell he loved her so much.
"What do you want?" He sighed. Melanie giggled a horrible laugh.
"I'm bored Jones." She started. And he knew how this was going to proceed. Usually she would only have to say this sentence. But Jughead didn't want to fuck her. Not ever again. Not anyone ever again but Betty. He wanted her and her only from the day he had met her. When Jughead didn't reply Melanie kept talking. "Why are you playing so hard to get? I want to fuck and you want to fuck so let's fuck." Jughead yawned.
"I don't." He said and hung up the phone. He hated her. And he couldn't, not for even a second, understand why he had ever wanted to fuck her.

He walked down the stairs with only his jeans on. The shirt was still on the floor and he picked it up and put it on. The kitchen smelled amazing and he noticed how hungry he were.
"Hi." He said and Betty turned around. She was just putting together a hamburger and smiled at him.
"Are you hungry?" Jughead smirked.
"Am I...Betts, I'm always hungry." She laughed and gave him the plate with a hamburger. "You're the best." He gave her a kiss on the cheek as she sat down besides him. The second he tried to take a bite of the burger his phone rang. He sighed heavily and took out his phone. All he wanted was to have lunch with the beautiful girl in front of him. Toni's name made him if possible even more pissed.
"What?" His voice was raspy and hateful.
"You have to come, Jones. Hiram just bought the school and the Whyte Wyrm." Jughead took deep breaths.
"Hiram did what?" Jughead tried to hide his anger.
"He bought the school and the Whyte Wyrm. And he's threatening to destroy them both. We have to do something Jughead." She hadn't even realized she had called him Jughead. He hated it. It was a stupid nickname. Really stupid nickname. But right now he didn't care. He stood up and kicked his chair back.
"Jug what the hell?" Betty yelled at him while he threw a glass on the floor. It broke into million pieces.
"I'll be there in five." He tensed all his muscles as he hung up. Betty gave him a worried but angry look.
"What the hell?" He gave her a long glare. He didn't want to be mad at her. But right now, he was mad at everything and everyone.
"I have to go." He mumbled and ran out to the hallway.
"Jughead, get back here." Betty yelled after him.
"Shut up Betty. I have to go." Betty ran after him.
"What about lunch? And the things you broke." She walked closer to him, hoping her touch would calm him down. And it would, if the situation wouldn't have been so ducked up. He pushed her away and she almost fell to the ground. He didn't mean for it to hurt. But he couldn't think straight. He was so stupid for almost hurting her. She wasn't hurt. But he didn't know that.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled. It didn't sound like an apology. Even though he meant it. He opened the door.
"If you walk out now, don't bother coming back." Betty scoffed. He gave her a long look and walked outside. She knew she was overreacting but she was not going to stand there and take his crap because Hiram Lodge had done something. She watched him walk outside. Leaving her alone. A single tear fell down her cheek as she walked back to the kitchen to clean up.

"Where is he?" Jughead rushed to the other gang members outside Hiram Lodge's house.
"What do we do if there's people inside?" Sweet Pea asked, ignoring Jughead's question.
"Tie them up. Don't hurt the girl. She's a friend of Betts." He prayed that she would take him back. He had to do this. As much as he loved her he had to protect his Serpents. And she wasn't in danger. Not like the Serpents were.
"Betts?" An old Serpent asked and gave Jughead a smile that made him want to throw up. "She sounds hot." Jughead walked closer to him and pulled his wrist closer to his eyes. In his pocket he picked up his knife and placed it on his Serpent tattoo.
"You as much as look at her and I'll cut off your tattoo and send every last Serpent on you. They'll torture you until you die." Jughead threatened. The old man looked terrified even though he tried his best not to.
"Sorry, Jones. I was just kidding." Jughead's eyes got slimmer.
"Do I look fucking entertained?" The man shook his head and Jughead threw away his hand. "Anyone else want to say something about Betty?" Everyone shook their heads and Jug turned to the rest of them. "Good. Now where is the fucker?" Toni pointed at a window on the second floor. "Toni, you find the daughter, make sure none of these gross ass men even as much as touch her." He knew Betty wouldn't ever forgive him if he let them. And he wasn't really her favorite person right now. "Fangs, you take the mother. Don't hurt her." Fangs nodded. "Sweet Pea, you, me and Melanie fuck up Hiram's life." Sweet Pea and Melanie smiled. Jughead hated Melanie. But he needed her. She was a damn good bargainer. And Sweet Pea, well he was hella scary. "Mark, you get his money." Mark smiled.  "The rest of you makes sure no one gets in or out." Jughead turned to the gross man who had made comments about Betty. "Go home." He spat out and the man looked confused. "You're not gonna be here for this. So get the hell away before I hurt you."

"See here's the thing Hiram." Jughead sat down on Hiram's desk. Hiram glared at him with hands tied behind his back. "The Whyte Wyrm is ours. And so is the school." Hiram smirked.
"See here's the thing, Jughead." He smirked. "The Whyte Wyrm and the school is mine now. I bought them." Jughead hit his hand in the table. Melanie sat down in front of Hiram.
"Listen Hiram, we have nothing against you." If looks could kill, Jughead would've killed Melanie at that point. "And we don't want a beef between us." She smirked and leaned in closer as if she was going to tell him a secret. "Cause it's going to end bad. Not for us of course. But for you." She sat back as if nothing had happened and twirled her hair with her fingers. Hiram didn't look scared. But the smile on his face had disappeared. "We want the Southside back. It isn't yours to buy." Melanie said as she looked at her red painted nails, matching her hair. "So give it back..." She now looked at Hiram and smiled. "Or your little...what is it you call her? Oh yeah. Mija will get hurt." Hiram's face turned white.
"You wouldn't dare." He said through gritted teeth and Melanie gave Sweet Pea a quick look. Giving him permission.
"We would." He said. He put a hand on Hiram's shoulder. "And you wouldn't want your mija to get hurt? Now would you?"
"I have contacts." Hiram tried to threaten.
"Yeah. So do we mr Woodlodge." Jughead smiled. "And we don't need money to use them." Melanie took her knife and put the tip of it on Hiram's cheek.
"You're aware we have most of your money right? The lock was pretty easy to open."
"If the Southside isn't sold in one week...we will burn your life." Sweet Pea said and everyone left the room. Leaving Hiram still tied to his chair.

Jughead took his phone and dialed Betty's number. He wished intensely that she would pick up the phone so they could talk. He knew that he had been acting like a piece of shit. He wanted to apologize but it went straight to voicemail.
"Betts, hi, I uhm...I'm so sorry. Please just pick up the phone so we can talk. I love you." He hung up and stared at the phone. What was he supposed to do now? Maybe he had to give her some space. Wait until tomorrow and pay her a visit at school.

He couldn't wait to see her. But he had to give her a little space right now.

If only he hadn't given her any space. Then maybe things wouldn't have gone downhill so fast. But he did. He gave her space.

If only he had known what was going to happen.
If only he had known what he could've stopped.