~Her~

R

She drove slower and slower for every meter she got closer to Archie's house. She didn't want to face him. Tell him how she not only stole his car but did it to meet his arch nemesis and someone who she loved more than she had ever loved Archie. Her heart was pounding hard and fast. She knew what she had done was wrong. With deep breaths she entered the front porch. She rang the doorbell, listened to the steps entering the door. She knew right away the steps wasn't Archie's. Probably Mrs Andrews. She opened the door with a big smile. She has always liked Betty. Betty had liked her too. She was kind and caring.
"Betty! Hi! I didn't expect you to come today. I would've made you cupcakes." Her voice was squeaking Betty's name and Betty couldn't help but smile. Mrs Andrews was too nice and happy for her not to smile.
"No. No it's fine. I...I have to talk to Archie..." Betty said slowly. A nauseous feeling rose inside of her. She hoped Archie wouldn't be too mad. Mrs Andrews leaned in closer to Betty and she could smell cinnamon. Mrs Andrews had probably just finished baking cinnamon rolls. Something they had done a few times together.
"He's really mad." Mrs Andrews whispered and Betty felt the panic growing. "Someone stole his car..." she looked up and saw the car. "Oh sweet lord of mercy, when did that come back?" Mrs Andrews pointed at the car and Betty turned around and shrugged her shoulders. Trying to look surprised at the sight of Archie's car. Which she had brought here. After she stole it. "Archie!" She shouted and Archie walked down the stairs. His eyes met Betty's and she felt as if her heart stopped. With chaotic hair and swollen eyes he stared at her neck.
"Did...?" He points at her. Has he...has he been crying? Mrs Andrews looked from Betty to Archie and then back to Betty again.
"I'm going to leave the two of you alone." She said slowly and then she walked up the stairs to her bedroom. Archie kept staring at Betty's neck. She didn't understand what was so fascinating with her neck.
"Did Jughead give you those?" His voice was raspy and he looked...devastated. At the bottom of his shirt there was a darker grey spot instead of the light grey. He had been crying. Betty wasn't totally sure. She had never seen Archie crying. Not as a teenager at least. She finally realized that Jughead's soft sucking on her had formed hickeys. She sighed.
"Arch." She whispered. She didn't want to hurt him. Even though she already have. "I..." He shook his head and walked closer to her. Wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug. Betty felt uncomfortable. There was something slightly wrong with the hug. He wasn't tall enough. Wasn't raven haired enough. Wasn't Jughead enough.
"Please stay with me." He whispered. He was scared. At the end of the day, no matter the fact that she had in a way been cheating on him, he still loved her. "Please Betty. I love you. Even though you don't love me." The words stung like a knife and Betty just wanted to run away. Instead she hugged him tighter and nodded.

My place, tonight.
Betty read the text message from Jughead and closed her eyes as she sighed. Her naked body was exposed to anything and anyone who entered the room. The shower was loud and gave her time to block out every other noise. After Archie finished on top of her he decided to take a shower and left her alone in his room. With his mom downstairs. She slowly opened her eyes and replied to Jughead with two simple words.
I can't.
Veronica's ring tone startled her and she answered with a fake happiness.
"V." She squeaked, a bit too much if you would ask her.
"Betty. Hi." She said. She sounded...scared?
"What's wrong?" Betty asked as she sat up in the bed. She wrapped the blanket around her and listened carefully to what Veronica then told her.
"I...I think someone broke in." She whispered. "I heard a loud thump and...and then how daddy told someone to get out. B-but I don't think they did." She was almost crying and Betty quickly got dressed.
"Where are you?" She said. Betty was terrified. If someone were to hurt Veronica...she couldn't even imagine. Veronica and her had had their fights. But it was all in the past and she lived V more than herself sometimes. Betty almost felt ashamed she never told her about Jughead.
"I'm...I'm at home." She whispered. "Betty someone's coming upstairs.
"Be quiet. I'll be there in five." She said. "Call the cops."
"I can't. My dad...he's in...I can't." Betty knew Hiram Lodge had some shady business going on. But she didn't know it was so bad.
"Okay. Just...be careful. I'll be there in five!" She knew she'd have to go way above speed speed limit to be able to be there in five minutes. But she didn't care. She rushed down the stairs. She hung up and walked inside the bathroom.
"Archie. Get the hell out and get dressed. I'll start the car." Archie was just about to protest. Then he saw her face, terrified and desperate. He nodded.