~Her~

SH

Betty Cooper was a quiet so called perfect girl next door. However, she really wasn't. She was bored out of her mind. Her life was boring. Always the same. Same mornings, same outfits, same ponytail, same boyfriend. Archie Andrews. He was nice and she loved him. At least she did. After two years he had gotten boring. She felt nothing for him. No attraction, no love, no lust. Just...he was a good friend. But she didn't have the decensy to break up with him. She still hoped that she would fall back in love. Hoping Archie still loved her. She knew he did. 

When she woke up she had no idea how the day would end. Even if she thought she did. She was going to visit his boyfriend who lived right beside her house. She sat down and did her natural makeup. Just some foundation and a little mascara. She looked at her tired face in the mirror. She just wanted to sleep. She was up all night trying to study. She had straight A's and wanted to keep it like that. Or well, her mother expected it from her. Her sister, Polly or as she sometimes told her self perfect Polly, was the best student Riverdale High ever had. And her mom was sure that Betty would not let her down. Betty on the other hand already had a plan for her future life. She wanted, and would, become a journalist. Something she loved but hadn't told her mom. The Blue & Gold was her way to escape reality. Whenever she sat in that dusty room, writing what had happened during the week in both Riverdale and Riverdale High she felt happy, important, someone who wasn't defined by her grade. 

After her makeup was done, without flaws, she walked down to eat. The rest of the day passed by in a slow and boring pace. She went from class to class without thinking about her date with Archie. Veronica, who was her best friend, told her about the latest guy she had been with. Betty listened but didn't keep any of the information. She was too tired. Something had held her up even after she had put down her books. A silent feeling that things were about to get fucked up. And the feeling grew louder and louder for every minute that passed by, until the anxiety took over and she had to press a needle in her arm to numb it. It worked, she was ashamed it did, but who would notice? She carefully chose her outfit to hide the cuts and scars that covered her arms. They weren't big nor did they draw any attention to them so even if she would have had short sleeves no one would see them. But Betty wanted to be sure no one would see them. After all she was perfect and she had to stay that way. Archie walked down the stairs and lit up when he saw her. 
"Hi babe, Veronica." Archie said and Veronica smiled to the red headed boy Betty once had worshipped like her own god. Now he was just...a boy. He walked closer with those manly steps that showed how he thought he owned the world. He was nice, he really was, and that's why Betty was so ashamed that she didn't love him any more. 
"Hi." Betty said. She could hear her unexited voice and tried to make it up by sounding extra excited when she continued. "Are you ready for tonight?" He nodded. 
"Yeah. Meet at six?" She nodded and walked away before she had to talk even more to him. 

She put the red lipstick on her lips, looked at herself in the mirror and kept staring. There was something with her that looked so wrong. Her face didn't make sense. She wasn't beautiful. There was something that just seemed off. She stared for what felt like an eternity. She started throwing the words at herself, how ugly she was, how her nose was too big, her lips too small and her hair too blonde. She told herself the words so many times that she started to cry. With mascara striped cheeks she tried to get rid of the lipstick. It only caused her whole mouth area to become slightly red. She wanted to scream but her mom was in the other room. She took a deep breath and tried to calm her self hate down. But she couldn't. It just grew bigger. Her phone lit up and she immediatly read the text from Archie. 
I love you, can't wait for our date <3 
Yet another feeling of shame made her cry even more. How could she not love the perfect guy next door? They were perfect each other. So why didn't she fucking love him? Maybe because she was so ugly? Or because she didn't deserve him? She couldn't handle it anymore, so she opened the drawer and took the small blade hid under her books. When the door was closed she put the sharp side to her skin and let the feeling of pain drown her anxiety until she no longer could feel anything but the cut in her wrist. She sighed, put the blade back, went to the bathroom, cleaned the cut from blood and tried to fix her makeup. 

When she knocked at Archie's door she took a deep breath, put on her best fake smile and kissed him as he opened the door. When they walked inside, without saying a word, she was about to sit down at the table but he smiled. 
"Can't we...?" He said and walked closer to his perfect girlfriend. She didn't want to but knew she had to. Imagine what he might tell his friends if she said no. Not that she thought he would do something like that, but she's heard it happen to other girls. She felt as if he had the power. All boys at Riverdale High did. As he kissed her she pretended it was someone else. Someone she loved. It didn't do much but she could at least bear the thought of him pushing himself inside her. Because that was what he was going to do. She knew it. This wasn't the first time. Why couldn't she just love him? It would be so much easier. After Archie practically dragged her upstairs he lied down on the bed ready for her with his pants already gone. She tried her best not to cry as she took off her pink dress and white laced panties. 

When he had just put the condom on him and was about to slide in to her they heard a loud noise from downstairs. He sighed and put a pair of boxers on and walked downstairs. She lied naked and relieved on the bed. But as she heared people shouting she got scared, took one of his grey sweaters and put it on herself. It covered her whole body so she didn't have to put on anything underneath. She ran down and saw three people in the house. All with Serpent jackets. Two guys and a girl. 
"Who are you?" The girl with pastel hair asked. Her tanned skin was clean and beautiful. Betty felt a sting of jealousy of her beauty and without thinking she pushed her nails into the flesh. 
"I...I'm Betty Cooper." She said and the girl smiled. 
"Nice to meet you." It was said with a sarcastic voice but the comment still made Betty feel weird. Almost happy. The Serpent girl was someone she wanted to be like. Imperfect, badass and beautiful. 
"Sit the hell down." A tall, dark haired guy said and she did what she was told, as always. Beside Archie she placed her body, staring at the Serpents who barely cared about her. 

After sitting for a few minutes she could hear a guy entering the house. She heard one of the guys that came earlier. 
"We have a problem." He said. 
"When do you not?" The guy who just entered said, Betty couldn't see them but she smiled when he heard the guy saying it. 
"Listen, there's a girl in here but I don't think she'll be a problem." The guy who had kept them here said. They were talking about her and she knew it. 
"Where is she?"
"She's sitting beside him on the couch." A guy walked inside the living room. The first person he looked at was Archie. Betty stared at him, completely thrown off by his beauty. His jawline was sharp and as he tensed the muscles she could see them move underneath his pale skin. His raven hair was covered by a grey beanie. It almost looked like a crown. His green eyes stared at Archie with irritation. 
"Jughead Jones." Archie said through girtted teeth. Betty had no idea what the hell was going on but she felt a slight fear when she looked at Jughead. She could sense that he wasn't good. She almost laughed at what she had just thought. Of course he was dangerous, he was a Serpent, he was in a gang, for god's sake. 
"Archie Andrews." The guy, apparently named Jughead, said with a smirk. So the two of them knew each other.  She wondered how they knew each other and what their story was. Jughead turned to her and said: "And you must be..." but then he stopped. He stared at her as he tried to find words. She wondered what he wanted to say, trying to figure out the words that soon was going to leave his mouth. 
"Betty, don't say a word to him. It's going to be okay." Archie reassured her. She wasn't afraid. She felt uneasy but she wasn't afraid.