~Him~

When Jughead's phone lit up he didn't even bother looking at it. He decided to skip first period and sleep instead. His head was hurting and his hair was a mess. When he finally, almost an hour later, looked at his screen he saw a text from Sweet Pea.
Party at my place tonight.
Jughead sighed. He knew he had to be there. It wasn't that he didn't like parties, he kind of enjoyed them if he was going to be honest. But tonight he just wanted to watch trash TV.
I'll be there
Jughead replied. For some reason he wanted to know if she was going to be there. He knew she weren't but what if. He tried to get rid of the picture of Betty's delicate face that appeared every time he closed his eyes. She was beautiful and Jughead wanted her more than he had ever wanted anyone else. They had only talked for half an hour but she had already brought a soft side of him. A side he didn't even know he had. He promised himself to forget her. Betty was dating Archie, the most hated Northsider amongst the Serpents, meaning she was off limits. But deep down Jughead hoped he would see her again. He smiled at the thought of her.

Jughead stood by his bike as Toni and Sweet Pea exited SSH. Sweet Pea was tall and handsome. Dark hair that reminded Jughead of his own and a round head. His eyes always dark and sightly irritated.
"Where have you been?" Toni asked Jughead when she saw him. He smirked. His eyebrows rose.
"Do you care?" Toni shook her head and Jughead knew she was starting to be pissed. Jughead liked to push people's buttons. He was always interested on how they reacted and acted on it. Toni was easy to piss off. The easiest way was to mention Cheryl's hotness, becuase she was. But Toni had a temperament and was a ticking bomb. "Let's go to Pop's." He said instead of waiting for her to answer the previously asked question.
"I'll text Cheryl to meet me there." Jughead rolled his eyes. He didn't care. Sweet Pea just shrugged and sat on his bike.

As the three of them entered Pop's the owner, Pop Tate, put his guard up. The Serpents had been starting fights at the diner before and Pop Tate was not in the mood for a fight. Not that he ever was. Jughead, walking in the middle, immedietly went to the bar.
"What are you doing here?" Tate asked the gang. Jughead smiled and sat down in front of him.
"We just want two coffees and a milkshake." He said, it was true. Jughead had no intention of fighting with anyone. Behind him he could hear a female talking about her new pearls.
"My daddy got me new pearls." She told someone. Jughead was already mad at her. He didn't even knew who it was but he wanted to hit her.
"They're beautiful." He froze at the voice answering the little hoe. Her.
"Can I have a strawberry milkshake?" Toni asked Tate as Jughead slowly turned around. Betty sat with her back facing him. He smiled at her hair in a ponytail. She was cute, wearing a pink shirt, and resting her head on her right hand. He could see, if he looked closely, that she was smiling.
"I have to use the restroom." The other girl said and stood up. Jughead saw his opening and walked to the girl sitting alone. She took her phone and started texting someone.

"That's rude." Jughead said as he sat down at the booth. Betty quickly looked up from her phone and stared in to his eyes. Her eyelashes long and dark. Eyes wide at the sight of Jughead. Her lips pink and kissable. Cheeks slightly blushed even though Jughead was aware that they get more and more blushed for every second that passes by.
"Why are you here?" She asked, even though they had a nice conversation yesterday she sounds uncomfortable of his presence.
"I wanted coffee." He said truthfully.
"Ok." She answered. He felt the awkwardness spreading and wanted to ask her more than anything if she wanted to come to the party that Sweet Pea is hosting. They sat there, both quiet, both wanting to escape, both able to escape, none of them escaping. At last he stood up, took his coffee and went outside. Both Sweet Pea and Toni still inside. He felt the urge to punch something when he saw Archie's red car appearing. He wanted to scream. He drank the last of his coffee and threw the paper mug in the trash can. Archie didn't see Jughead and went straight inside. As Betty stood up to kiss him Jughead punched the wall behind him as hard as he could. The way he could see the blood slowly dripping to the ground from his knuckles made him swear. What he didn't know was that Betty had seen him and she felt bad for him. She made an excuse to Archie and walked outside. Jughead squatted and put his elbows on his knees and let his hands run through his hair after taking off his beanie. He could feel the blood soak his hair. Luckily he had dark hair and so he hoped no one would notice it.