The Queen of Raviena - Alex's Mood

RECAP:

Melanie and Marcus went out and pretended to be peasants for a day.

***********************************************************

I woke up when Marcus shook my shoulder.

"Huh?" I grunted

I looked up at his face, he was biting on his lip and frowning slightly.

"Alex is waiting by the doors, and he looks less than pleased."

I got up immediately and sorted out my dress and quickly ran my fingers through my hair.

I looked out the window and smiled at him however he did not smile back, he just glared.

Marcus was right about the mood the appeared to be in.

I hopped out the carriage not even waiting for anyone to help me at and waited for Marcus to join me.

I let him lead feeling like a bit of a coward and the moment we were close Alex spoke.

"Where have you been all day? It is nine o'clock. Why were you not home earlier?"

"Nine o'clock is not late cousin. Besides I was not told a specific time to come home."

"She must be exhausted." He pointed his finger at me briefly "What were you thinking?"

"Alex, she is not a child. Have you ever considered that she is bored trapped in this house. You never do anything with her, she is lonely Alex. I thought it might have been nice for her to spend the day away from the castle and to actually do something."

"Have you ever considered how busy I may be. I am attending all of father's meetings whilst trying to control advisors who obviously have their eye on the throne meanwhile I must-"

"How hard is it to give a short while of your time to talk to your wife. If I had a wife -"

"Oh Marcus, do not talk of having a wife. We all know you shall never be able to dedicate your life to one woman. You cannot dedicate yourself to anything."

"If Melanie was my wife I would not be foolish enough as to risk losing her."

With that he walked off.

I did not look at Alex, I focused on my shoes. I decided I did not like them, much too flamboyant for my taste.

"Melanie?"

I looked up "Yes Alex."

"Go to bed." His face was angry

I walked off and when I got to my room I hid myself under the duvet and cried.

******************************************************************

When I woke up Alex was not there.

I was still in my dress that I had worn last night and I had a strange feeling that he had not been in this room at all since yesterday morning.

I woke up got dressed and walked to Marcus's room.

I knocked lightly and he opened the door.

He smiled brightly but I could see in his eyes that he was still troubled. "Hello my dear, come in."

I walked in and hugged him.

"Marcus, thank you so much."

"Your welcome, although I am not quite sure as to what for."

"For standing up for me, for saying the things I have wanted to say for such a long time."

"I just could not bear to watch him do this to you any longer. Was it awkward last night?"

"He sent me to bed and I have not seen him since."

"You do not know whether he came to bed last night?."

"No."

"Oh, right." I could not see his face but he sounded worried

We continued to hug for a while later until he pulled me away from him slightly so I could see his face.

I leaned forward and kissed him.

At first he was hesitant but soon he began to kiss me back.

I reached up and place my arms round his neck, pulling him closer to me.

I let him wrap his arms round my waist.

When we finally released each other he looked at me and grinned

"I missed you Mel."

I frowned "We spent all day together yesterday."

"I missed you being in my arms, I missed touching you, kissing you. I want you Melanie, I always have and I always will."

He rubbed my cheek with back of his fingers.

"Now I think we really should go find your husband, just in case he is worried."

*******************************************************************

We found Alex in the dining room.

He did not acknowledge our entrance into the room or the fact that we both sat opposite him.

He had a book in his hand which he was clearly was pretending to read.

"Alex?" Marcus asked.

"Yes." He continued to focus on the book.

" Where were you last night?"

"I was out all night. However I do not think it is anything which concerns you." He looked up at Marcus angrily and briefly before continuing to read.

"Perhaps not me, but your wife." Marcus said calmly.

"Leave me, both of you. I am reading."

"We would not wish to disturb you any further." Marcus replied sarcastically.

Marcus walked off and I followed.

However I was still confused, if Alex had stayed out all night where had he stayed and more importantly where had he slept?

We walked out into the corridor.

"Marcus?"

"Yes?" His voice was gentle and calm.

"Do you think that Alex slept somewhere else last night, with another woman?" My voice trembled slightly

"I wish so much I could tell you no."

**************************************************************************

DUH DUH DUUUUUUH!

Silly Alex.... Anyway thanks for reading. I really want to know if you guys like it so comment, vote, subscribe.

Okay so I know I promised a BLIZZARD but its not yet, its coming. I think give it a few more parts and then the BLIZZARD shall come.

I WILL READ YOUR STORIES JUST READ BELOW:

Oh and i really do love to read your stories so if you want to publish a story on my message board then i will try and read it if i can. I like pretty much anything but horror but i do like all the vampire werewolf stories just nothing tooo bloody and yucky. All you need to do is post basically introducing yourself, the story title and a couple of sentences what its about. Also if you quote at the bottom " MARCUS LIKES READING TOO!" Then i will make reading your story a priority just for getting this far into The Queen of Raviena....

Love you lots <3

Shade xxx