The Queen of Raviena - Marcus's Story

RECAP:

"I asked you to do one simple thing, to wait for me so we could have breakfast together and instead I find you down here with him" He pointed to Marcus. "All I seem to be doing is giving, what am I getting in return?"

I was so angry that I wanted to scream. I wanted to shout at him but instead I got out my seat and walked past him. I started running when I heard him call my name. I ran out into the garden. To be honest a small part of me hoped he would follow, hoped he would apologise, kiss my forehead and beg for forgiveness. But he didn't follow me. I went and sat under a tree so I could be in peace. I closed my eyes and clenched my fists for a few minutes hearing my heart flutter with the birds chirpings. I slightly opened my eyes to gaze at the ground and felt a single tear trickle down my cheek.

"My cousin, do not let tears of anger ruin your beautiful face or perhaps you cry to tempt me into stroking your cheek."

I looked up to see Marcus smiling at me.

-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-

He walked and sat down next to me, gently putting his arm round my shoulder. Normally I would of stopped him but right now I enjoyed the attempt to comfort me.

"I do not understand why he is so angry with me."

"Neither do I my dear, I do not think it was caused by a wrongdoing of yours."

I sniffled and looked up into his deep green eyes. He gently wiped a tear off my cheek. I smiled at him. Very gently he leaned in to kiss my forehead, his lips were soft and gentle.

"Tell me about yourself Marcus. You have always been a mystery to me."

"Does not a good detective solve the mystery herself instead of waiting for the guilty to confess."

"I do not believe you to be guilty of anything. For all I know you could be a victim."

He sighed heavily "My father, Samuel was the twin brother of the king, except he was second born therefore losing his chance to become heir. When he was 18 he ran away from the castle and travelled the world. He grew a long beard and gained unruly hair. No one could identify him as the King's brother. He ended up in an exotic island which he deeply fell in love with. The food, the people, the roar of the ocean in his ears. He pretended to be a beggar and walked the streets asking for money which he spent on food and other necessities. He gave the rest away to women and children in poverty. One day whilst begging he met a beautiful young woman named Aiko. She had long dark hair and sparkling green eyes which were set off with a golden tan. My father asked Aiko to sing to him. That she did. It became a sort of tradition that everyday Aiko would sing to my father and he would listen. Then one day whilst Aiko was singing he stopped her, and kissed her. They both realised that they were deeply in love and shortly after became lovers. Aiko soon became pregnant with child so my father decided to take her home and show her who he really was. They came back to the castle got married and then Aiko gave birth to me. When I was seven years old my father and mother went out for a ride in a carriage. It was during the time of the Crougan War and some enemy spies stopped the carriage and kidnapped my parents. I do not know the full details as I was not there but after three long days of torture my father was made to choose between the death of himself or his wife. He chose himself and was brutally murdered in front of my mother, however she could not cope. She believed she should of died instead of my father so she killed herself. She knew she had nothing to live for, not even me. My Uncle and Aunt took me in out of pity and treated my like a son but it never really was the same. "

During the time of him telling the story my head had slid into his lap. I looked up at him, his face was so tender, so kind, so caring. I could not believe this was the same Marcus that I knew.

"Now would you mind removing your head from my lap, its very misleading you know!" He grinned his mischievous grin.

He was still the same Marcus, there was no doubt in my head.

-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-

Thanks for reading, I know it was short but I needed to get Marcus's story in somewhere.

I hoped you enjoyed it, so like vote, comment, become a fan, all that jazz.

I hope to upload soon <3

Shade xxxxx