Chapter 54

My grip losens and her arm immediately falls to her side.

"There. I said it, okay? You happy now?" I say quietly, still looking down.

I don't hear any response. Just fast footsteps running up the stairs.

Gen's POV

I change with trembling fingers, and as soon as I lie down, I replay our whole conversation in my mind.

Harry loves me?

Was I that dense that I didn't notice?

Duh.

Oh my god I have to pull myself together and think this through.

I tossed and turned on my bed, screwing my eyes shut. But, I still couldn't fall asleep.

I check the clock : 1:21 AM. Woah I've been tossing and turning for about 30 minutes now. I finally sat up from my bed, and decided to drive around the neighborhood for a while ((yeah bc driving aroung your village at 1 in the morning just bc you can't sleep is the most normal thing ever lol srry)).

I go outside, and wear some flipflops. I start the car, and drive away.

As I drive and look at the calm streets and the gleaming street lights, I suddenly feel abit calm as well.

I turn the radio on, and sing along to songs from the 90's. Well, if screeching counts as singing at 1 in the morning, then yeah.

I only see a few cars pass by me. Idk just wanted to get that out.

Now, I just start to hum along to the music because my voice was getting tired. And, I look at the sidewalk.

Something catches my eye, and I squint abit as I pass by it.

Holy shit. Was that Lance?

I quickly put the car into reverse, and look at where I thought I saw Lance.

And oh my, it was Lance.

Tears started to pool in my eyes.

Why?

Well maybe because it was 1:30 in the morning, and here I am, watching my fiance hold hands with another girl.

"What the fuck?!" I scream.

Lance jumps, startled. He turns around and when he saw me, his eyes widen.

"Gen? It's 1 in the morning, what the hell are you doing driving in your pajamas?!" He asks.

Oh. No. He. Didn't.

"You did not just say that. If you think you could turn this around and pin it on me, you are wrong," I say. "The real question is, what the hell are you doing, holding another girl's hand at 1 in the morning, when you're supposed to be my fiance?!"

"Fiance?" The girl asked, gripping Lance's hand tighter as she looks up at him.

Lance ignores her and looks at me, "G-gen, I can explain--"

I cut him off. "Explain?! Lance what the fuck can you 'explain'? I saw it with my own two eyes!! You're cheating on me!"

And it finally dwelled on me.

Lance cheated on me.

I look at him, and he just stares at me. His eyes speaking for him, as if to say 'I'm sorry'.

"Oh my god," I cry, as I bury my face in my hands. "I.. I thought you were the one...."

"Gen, I--"

I cut him off again, and suddenly felt angry. "What? You're sorry? Yeah, that's what they all say. But guess what? You're only 'sorry' because I caught you," I scoff. "Now, please be honest. If I hadn't caught you, would you still pull up this stupid thing? Would you still marry me while you date her?"

He didn't answer once again, and he looked down at the floor.

"Well, I guess that answers the question." I smile, even though fresh tears were spilling out from my eyes.

I pull the ring off of my finger.

"So close." I whisper to myself, as I laugh although I am crying.

Then, I throw the ring at him, get in the car, and once again, drive away.

I was way over speed limit, but I didn't care. I just wanted to go home so that I could cry myself to sleep already.

My vision was blurry but it wasn't like I was gonna hit any car, anyway.

Oops, spoke too soon.

When I wipe the tears spilling out of my eyes, a new batch quickly replaces it. And, my vision gets blurry once again.

Before I knew it, a drunk driver was driving directly at me, and I quickly swerve to the left and he swerves to the right ((to his right)), so, inshort, I hit him. Or he hit me. Wtvr.

The impact of the hit was at my side, and I don't really know how I'm still thinking or how I'm even alive.

My vision gets even more blurred and my head starts to spin as I see blood all over me.

And then finally, everything turns black.

===================================================
A/N:

Hi guys. Omg I'm back!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry it took me forever to update. It's just that I've been super busy with school lately and I couldn't find the time to update. I'm so so sooo sorry. I understand if you all hate me omg :(((( this won't happen again, I promise.

Anywayyyy, this chapter is the second to the last. So, the one after this will be the last one. :----(

I'm gonna have a really long author's note when this book ends omg.

Okau guys don't forget to vote and comment pleaseeee.

-samanthugh

Follow me on twitter: @HAROLDGEEZ