Chapter 48

---

Harry's POV

Sandra and I stare at the old looking notebook sitting a few inches from my feet. I look behind me, and see Sandra with a nervous look on her face.

I did what my insticts told me, I bent over and grabbed the notebook.

"No, Harry. Don't read it," Sandra says sternly.

"Why not?"

"Just give it to me,"

"No,"

Seconds later, she is infront of me, and she is trying to get the notebook off of my hands.

I don't see her point in trying. I am much stronger than she

I tighten my grip on it, and pull. It easily slips off of her hands.

I run past her, get inside the bathroom, and I lock the door.

I sit on the toilet seat and stare at the notebook in my hands. And just as I had expected, the banging and shouting starts.

"Harry! Open the fucking door and don't you dare open that fucking notebook. Or I swear I will rip your fucking head off!" She shouts as she bangs loudly on the door

"I'd like to see you try!"

"Fuck! Just open the door and give me the goddamned notebook!"

"No!" I shout again.

I expect to hear more shouting, but it stops. Instead I hear her soft voice saying, " Harry, do you love me?"

That question catches me off gaurd. What the fuck am I supposed to say?

"W-what?" I ask

She sighs. "I asked if you love me,"

My mouth hangs open and my eyes are probably bluging from their sockets. What am I gonna answer?

"Uh.. yeah. I guess,"

"Then please don't read it,"

I sigh and look at the notebook again.

Maybe one page wouldn't hurt anyone?

Just as I am about to flip it open, I hear the sound of keys, and the door knob jiggles.

The door bursts open, revealing Sandra with blazing eyes.

"I said, give me the notebook,"

I gulp. "N-no."

That set her off.

"No?! What do you mean no?! Give me the fucking notebook Harry! Or else!" she screeches.

"What is it with this notebook anyway, that you don't want me reading what's inside it?!"

"Fuck! Why are you so hard headed?"

"Why are you being so defensive about this notebook?" I ask back

The next thing she does surprises me. She gets down on her knees in front of me, with pleading eyes. "Please don't read it,"

I stare at her wide-eyed. "Okay. I won't read it. Just please get up,"

There is happiness in her eyes. "Do you promise?"

"Y-yeah. Please get the fuck up already,"

She grins, gets up, and hugs me tightly. "I don't want you reading that because it's what's best for you. Gen is trying to mess with your mind, so don't listen to her. Listen to me, okay?"

"Okay."

"Thank you," she says as she prys the notebook off of my hands, and heads out of the bathroom.

I remind myself to find it as soon as I get the chance to.

Gen's POV.

I heared shouting from Harry and Sandra's room, so I'm guessing that Sandra didn't want Harry reading my diary.

Of course she didn't. Ugh.

I remind myself to try and find my Diary as soon as they leave.

--

After a few hours, we finally have dinner.

And yes, it was quite awkward.

"Hey, Harry. Pass the salad?"

He takes the salad bowl and puts it infront of my plate.

"Thanks," I say.

"No problem,"

In the middle of our meal, the doorbell rings. "I'll get it," Sandra says quickly.

She opens the door and we hear squeals.

I look to see Alexis. I roll my eyes. Of course she needed to take Alexis. To make the whole thing more believable.

Sandra introduces Alexis to Harry, of course saying that she is his daughter.

"We had pre-marital sex?" Harry asks.

I scoff. "WE had pre-marital sex," I say quietly.

"What was that?" Harry asks.

I shake my head as I laugh quietly. It's just funny, because he's also forgotten that he is a total sex god.

After we eat, I volunteer in washing the dishes.

But I bring Liz upstairs first, because I notice that she is upset.

"What's wrong?" I ask as we sit on the bed.

She shakes her head, as if to say nothing.

Then, she puts her head on my chest and she begins to cry.

"Sshhh.. it's okay baby," I say as I comb her hair with my fingers."I know how you feel,"

"Everything will be okay," I remind her. "We just need to be strong. Someday, everything will be back to normal."

"Do you promise?" she asks me.

"What?"

"Do you promise that everything will be okay?"

I chuckle and say, "Of course. Didn't you just tell me a few days ago that everything will be okay in the end?"

She smiles and nods. I kiss her forehead and tell her I'm just going to wash the dishes.

--

It is 2 am. And I can't sleep.

I sigh and get up from the bed.

I get out of the room, and head downstairs to the kitchen for some water.

I grab a glass and get a pitcher of water from the refrigerator and pour myself a glass. As I drank, I hear someone come down the stairs.

It's Harry.

My heartbeat quickens as he looks at me. I look away, avoiding eye contact.

He comes in the kitchen and drinks water as well.

"Couldn't sleep too, huh?" He asks as he puts his empty glass in the sink.

I nod as I finish my glass, and puts it in the sink as well. I make my way to the stairs and say, "Well, good night," I tell him.

"Good night, Gen." he smiles.

I go back inside our room, and lay down on out bed.

I stare at the wall and I notice a tear roll down my cheek.

Why am I crying? God, Gen. Stop.

But I can't stop crying.

I can't because I hate this feeling.

This feeling of being so close to him, yet so far.

=============================================

A/N:

Please don't forget to vote and comment what you think! <3

Follow me on twittah: @HAROLGEEZ