Chapter 5 - History Lesson

Start from the beginning

        So I did the only thing I could do, I faked a laugh and said "Great college! I think that's where I want to go too. Mind if I use the ladies room?" Which came out way too chipper and fake.  

        "It is a wonderful school, and you may."   

        I leapt out of my seat knocking over my books in the process. Again I heard a couple people laugh, but this time I kept my face from burning up—thank God. I quickly picked up my books and placed them back on my desk—I would come back for them later.

        Surprisingly I made it to the bathroom without tripping over my own feet in the process. What an arrogant, disrespectful, ass! How could he just come into my classroom, and pull that crap. I must look like a complete crazy person.

        I slammed open the door causing it to hit the wall, I let out a curse at the sound of the loud bang. When I turned the corner I let out another curse, Liam was perched on the counter where the sinks were. The same cocky grin from my class spread across his face.

        "How dare you! Why would you do that? Do you have any idea how embarrassing that was?" I stomped over to him and pointed my finger in his face.

        "Now, now let's not be over dramatic luv. I found it rather comical." His Irish accent was like music to my ears. Damn it Rileigh get a hold of yourself! Not hot! Annoying.

        "Well I didn't! You can't just show up in my cla—" The sound of a toilet flushing made my mouth snap shut instantly. "Shit."

        Liam the comical person he was, began laughing, "Now what are ya going to do? Didn't think to check the toilets now did ya?"

        I could not let whoever that was come out and find me talking to myself. Frantically my hand found its way to my pocket and I yanked out my cellphone—with triumph, thank God I hadn't left it in my bag or I would be screwed. I quickly put it to my ear before the bathroom stall opened.  

        "Yeah, whatever. I'll talk to you later." I said into the silent phone. Then pressed the end button to make it look like I hung up.

        Lisa made her way to the sink to wash her hands. Thankfully she didn't pick the far sink or else she would have walked right through Liam who was still chuckling. He raised his eye brow and tilted his head at the blond, "Hm, not too bad."

        "Pig." I said flatly.

        "Wow, that was one heated conversation...ex?" She asked while looking at me through the mirror and lathering her hands with soap.

        "Yeah, he's an arrogant jerk" I replied pointedly glaring at Liam.

        "Ouch," Liam brought his hand up to where his heart should be "That hurt."

        "Man I hate guys like that, they think their God's gift to humanity. Such a turn off." Lisa turned the taps off and walked over to the hand dryer. "Hey a couple girls are coming over to my place tonight, gonna do some mani-pedi's and order pizza. You should totally come its great therapy when it comes to guy problems, and it's kind of our Monday night ritual."

        Girls night...fun... "I'd love too." I said with fake sincerity.

        "Great! I got to run, but get the directions from Stacy, kay?"

        "Definitely." So not looking forward to this.  

        The door shut with a soft click. Then I went and pushed on every stall in the bathroom. All clear, now why couldn't I have thought of that beforehand? I definitely need to be more careful. I then turned back to Liam who was now standing leaning against the counter.

        "Shouldn't you like, I don't know, fall through that or something?" I asked full of sarcasm.

        "I would if I actually tried to touch it, but I just appear to be leaning on it."

        "Right...listen, we need to set some ground rules. One—you can't show up at my school, people are going to think I'm insane two—"

        "Do you honestly think I'm going to follow any of your little 'rules'" he cut me off.

        "Honestly...no but I would like you to."

        "Now what fun would that be luv?" he asked with an arched brow.

        "You're not going to do what I ask, are you?"

        "Nope." He had a wide smile which showed his perfect teeth.

        "You're going to follow me back to class aren't you?"

        "Yep." Wider smile. "Feel like catching up on my history."

        "Just freaking wonderful." I turned and walked out the door, not bothering to see if he was following me. He either was, or he would be sitting in my class when I got there.

        I will admit when I first saw him sitting in the front of my class, I was relieved that he wasn't gone. I was happy I could see him and talk to him again. But I knew I couldn't let myself get close to him. No—if anything I had to help free him, and doing that I would probably lose him. So I decided right then and there I would lock any of those thoughts and feelings away in a tiny box and bury it in the back of my mind. Shouldn't be too hard right? I mean for one, I don't even know this guy and two, he's a freaking invisible ghost.

        I can see him for one reason and one reason only—to help him and then move on.

________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to Lisa (Leigh19) Who is trying to keep me on my toes!! Thanks Lisa!