Chapter 41

Theo

As time moved forward, my relationship started to feel warm again. That familiar feeling was back and I still couldn't be without her. I honeslty didn't want to leave for school and lately I've been thinking about de-commiting and staying local for her. My parents would kill me at the thought, maybe not my mom but my dad one hundred percent. Going to UNC was always in our plans since I was in elementary, signing me up for clubs and tournaments. The only reason I didn't go to a private high school institution was because I practicllay had to beg him not to enroll me in one, I wanted to be with Tommy and not be around snobby white kids everyday. I have no regrets going to public school I'm still just as sucessful as a private school kids would be in my opinion. Plus I would've never met Collae.

"So things are looking up with you and your baby mama?" Dona joked seeing me smiling at my phone obviously being a text from her. We were chilling at my place on the game waiting for Tommy to get here. We haven't had a calm guys night in a while and the guys knew I wasn't up for any drinking tonight.

"Yeah shits finally starting to go back to normal, I just wish I didn't hurt her as much as I did and it doesn't affect our relationship too much," I shrugged. These types of things stick with women and as the partner in the relationship you choose to power through it or leave. I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if I left her knowing I was the root of the issue.

"How has she been about the whole Harrison thing? People are keeping quiet about it because no one really knows what happened but he's been laying low not showing up to school and shit," He scoffed, "He really knows how to hold up that predatory reputation its sad."

"Honestly Don, I don't know, I don't bring it up because she shuts down talking about it anytime I mention it, like I don't want to just move past it but if she wont talk about it, I don't know what I can do," I sighed. I didn't want to force Collae into telling me about how she feels but I didn't want her to hold anything in either it's too stressful for her right now.

"Does her grandma know?"

"Na. she hasn't spoke to anyone about it, I don't think she feel like she can go to her about this, she doesn't want to end up being scolded by her," Nana was rough on Collae sometimes but me and her both knew it was because she loved her. That's her only baby, or at least that I knew of, and she only wanted what was best for her.

"Yeah, that's black trauma," he laughed, I scrunched my face up with confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Growing up I couldn't really talk to my mom, she's my everything but she's a hard woman to speak to due to her not addressing her own issues feel me? I'm not tryna get too deep or nothing but it might be a good idea to have her talk to anybody she's comfortable with, maybe your mom?" He only shrugs getting back on the game.

I never thought about her talking to my mom, they have a good relationship maybe I can suggest to my mom about having a girls day since she will be a grandmother to her soon anyway.

"I want to kill him Don," I said honestly. Knowing what he did to her is breaking me knowing I didnt finish him off that day.

"I'm honesty surprised you didn't," He looked over at me, "Jake told me he was almost out cold why did you stop?"

"Collae, she was more important, and UNC."

"Yeah, he's not worth losing your spot, I'm glad you did get some work in on him though he had it coming, trust me I wouldve beat his ass too if that was my girlfriend, or any woman actually, it's fucked up," His face was full of disgust, "I think she'll be okay, your girl is strong."