Chapter 30

Collae POV

     To just speak to Theo broke my heart all over again. I didn't care if he wanted to talk or apologize or what fucking ever. You don't switch up and say you want an abortion to all of sudden I'll be there for the baby.

     Theo doesn't understand how bad he hurt me. Like it made me sick to my stomach, this feeling in my chest just wouldn't go away and it made me plain sick. It hurts to know someone you were with could just change into someone you never knew they could be.

     "Let's go into town tonight," Kaitlyn rubbed my back, "We can just walk around and get some food, yeah?"

     "I'm not in the mood," I sighed, "I just wanna stay home."

     "Collae," she huffed, "You've been in this house for almost three weeks, Theo is probably having the time of his life not even caring about you, you need some fun." Her words hurt me but i knew in her heart she was just trying ti be a good friend.

     "Gee, thanks," I sniffled. I rolled onto my side scrolling through his page off of a burner account. H e had finally took down our formal picture and me out of his highlights. People were going to know for sure that we broke up now. My chest pinched and I tried my best not to break down.

     "You know what I mean," she whined, "come on please? Why are you on his page, Cmon Lae, you're making yourself sad." She shot me a pitiful face and I gave in. I knew it was better than sitting here in my own snot bubbles.

     "Alright let me get myself together," I dragged myself off my bed and started getting ready.

     "Hey maybe you'll see someone cute tonight," Kaitlyn winked. Is she stupid? The last thing I wanted was to get into anything with someone else.

     "Really Kait? Just be quiet," I shook my head and she pouted. I didn't think I'll be over Theo, for a long time, I knew would never be able to forget about him because half of him will be running around soon enough.

     "The Uber's here sweets." I followed behind Kaitlyn and waved off my nana.

     "See you later, and be safe!" Nana shouted and I shut the door.

~~~

     "What do you want to eat?" Kaitlyn smiled. I had lost my appetite a couple days ago. I didn't feel like eating at all but I knew I had to for the baby.

     "A burger?" I shrugged.

     "Okay cool, lets go to the burger bar right around the corner." In town there was plenty of places to go, they had clothing stores, a whole lot of restaurants, parks, movie theaters, clubs, dance studios, music studios, just something for everyone.

     "Who's that cutie?" Kaitlyns eyebrows raised and I rolled my eyes. She was so boy crazy it was annoying sometimes. I literally did not want to think about boys. The whole point of this was to go out and have fun and not think about boys.

     "Kaitlyn..." I warned and she groaned.

     "Ugh fine let's just go."

~~~

     Me and Kaitlyn finished eating and we were just talking about our futures and shit. I knew I could definitely still get a scholarship but I had a kid to think about. Kaitlyn wanted to be a dancer and wants to get into an arts school. I knew she could do it, she was so talented.

Kaitlyn was truly my only friend, my first friend actually in middle school when I moved here. She never treated me differently, we were two different people living in two different worlds but we connected so well and there's nothing better than that.