Chapter 3

Theo POV

     It was really quiet walking to my car, I was still wondering what she was doing at school so late, it was five o'clock. I always get out of practice around this time, and had never seen her, or maybe I just didn't ever notice her before now.

     I unlocked the car door and we both got in. I started the car and quickly glanced over at her. Her hair was in this cute messy bun her jawline was beautiful and it stood out as she looked out the window. I turned my head back quickly so she couldn't see me clearly examining her face.

"So..." I cleared my throat, "Where to?" I saw her tense up.

     "I live on the opposite side of where you live, so just go that way and I'll tell you where to go from there," she said not looking at me once.

     "How would you know where I live?" I protested. Than she finally looked at me.

     "I know you got money... I mean just look at your car, you probably didn't pay for it and you walk around school like you're the shit, just like every other wh- snob in school," she hissed and my mouth fell open. How did the mood just change this fast? Who does this girl think she is getting in my, car with that stink ass attitude and disrespect?

     "I do not," I defended, "Y'know what, forget it let's just go." I wanted to tell her to get out and walk home but I decided to just be the bigger person and ignore my dislike for her shitty attitude.

     "Yeah, that'd be nice," she mumbled.

     "Hey you should be grateful I'm even giving you a ride!" I shouted at her and she sunk into the seat. I felt bad for yelling at her but it all felt so unprovoked. I needed to work on my anger with people, I didn't even know the girl like that.

     "I'm sorry," she said softly, "Can you just take me home please." She was so innocent and odd. However, her comment bothered me she didn't even know me, a snob? If you didn't know me I promise you wouldn't know I had money I didn't flaunt it.

     I began to drive but I still wanted to know why she was at school alone.

     "Hey so, what were you doing at school so late?" I asked breaking the short silence between us, I could see she didn't like talking too much.

    "I have homework helpers," I couldn't hold in my laugh, she huffed.

     "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh, it's just...I thought homework helpers was for idiots," I croaked. Realizing my comment made her a little uneasy I rested my laugh. I'm so used to making fun of my friends for things I forgot not everyone has the same humor.

     "Yeah, sorry we can't all afford a tutor," she snarled. I could feel some guilt come over me for basically calling her an idiot. Being aware of other peoples emotions was a trait I lacked in. I also never had a tutor jokes on her.

"I'm sorry that was rude. Y'know...I'm pretty good in school I could tutor you...teachers don't really help they just give you a workbook and tell you to read, they never explain. I could really help you," I looked over to her, she was still looking out the window unfazed.

     "No thanks," she sighed. I frowned. I mean why agree to the ride if you were just gonna act like a dickhead the entire time I thought to myself.

     "Do you not like me or something?" I asked growing a little frustrated.

     "We just met, I can't not like you, you're just really persistent, it's kind of annoying," she stated. I didn't really think I was being persistent just nice. She was giving me mixed signals as to whether or not she liked me or not I could've sworn before she got in this car she wasn't held at gun point to come with me.

     "You sure have a lot to say about me," I scoffed, "Let's switch this up, what's your full name?"

      "Collae Rae Hart," she huffed seeming very uninterested in this conversation. What a pretty name though.

     "Well I'm—"

     "Theodore Simone Da Silva, you're eighteen, your mom is France born she moved here when she was ten, you live on the rich side of town, you have like four best friends, you play football and basketball, number eight for both sports, you party like every weekend," she yawned. I was stunned and weirded out. How did she know all that? It's like she read my mind for small talk...I side eyed her in the car while becoming slightly uncomfortable with her response. She looked down and twirled her fingers together.

      "I have friends Theo, who obsess over senior boys. I have to hear all the things they find out, trust me I am not stalking you, I could honestly care less about you, you also put every detail of your life online," She stated unprovoked again. Why was this girl so shy but harsh at the same time? I could feel that Collae was definitely trouble, that I needed to avoid.

     "You're mean, but just because you have friends doesn't mean you'd have to remember all that" I said and quietly laughed. She just shrugged. Someone who could care less seems to know a lot about me but okay.

     "Well, I'm not all what you said, you just know the pictured me, if you got to know me maybe you would grow to like me?" I suggested and she yawned yet again.

     "When you get to that light turn left," she said happily. Was I that awful to be around?

     "So...was your mom really coming to get you?" I asked in a dry tone. She sighed.

     "No, I was waiting for a guy but he never showed just goes to show boys ain't shit, I dont know why I'm telling you this, it's actually embarrassing" she laughed as her voice cracked and I looked over at her, a frown was set on her face, but then no emotion fell upon her quickly after.

I showed up.

     "Right here," she pointed at a little dark house on a dead end. I stopped the car and she took off slamming my door.

     "Well you're welcome!" I shouted but she was already in her house.

"Folle, meuf (crazy girl)" I deadpanned.
  ~~~

Hey Y'all Since this was the first chapter with Theo speaking french there will be more of him speaking it and some sentences corrected to less formal.