Chapter 17

Collae POV

"Hey so can I come and get you tonight?" Theo said huskily over the phone. " I want to ask you something."

The week had passed, me and Theo have been speaking none stop about anything, I could tell he was interested in my life. After our bowling date I started feeling a lot warmer to Theo, I don't really talk about my personal life much with people really just Kaitlyn and Layla. With him I felt vulnerable in that moment. Although I could feel his pity for me it was nice that he wanted to comfort me in the best way he could.

"Sure, but you can't ask me over the phone?" I laughed at him.

"No, I wanted to see you anyway." Theo truly was starting to grow on me. He truly made me feel wanted and that made me feel good. No one had ever pushed to be with me like this. The boyfriends in the past were never like this. Was I starting to see me and Theo as more than friends? Maybe.

"Alright cool I'll be there in like an hour." An hour?!

"Okay." I quickly hung up the phone and started to get ready.

Theo texted me to look cute so I put together a basic outfit not knowing where we were going. A white long sleeve body suit, blue skinny jeans with simple Ugg boots. It was about to start to get really cold around this time of the year.

Here's the deal with my hair. I am natural but its too damn hard to maintain and it's damaged. So I keep it straight, you know, just damaging it more, but's it's just easier and I'm lazy so...I put my hair in a slick bun.

I didn't own any makeup because my nana forbids it, she says it's the root of acne and self hate. I wish I owned makeup because so many women wear it and it looks beautiful on them.

My phone buzzed and it was Theo saying he was outside. I grabbed my coat and walked into my nana's room.

"Hey nana, I'm leaving now, do you need anything?" I kissed her cheek.

"Girl...where in Gods name do you think you're going like that?" She fussed.

"Ugh nana, I'm going out, I can't look nice?"

"You better not be out there running around with no boys now Collae," she pointed a finger at me, "You don't need to be getting into that right now."

"I'm not!" My voice got higher and I laughed.

"You better not be or I'll tear your ass up, now bring me my food out the kitchen and pass me the remote," every single time I'm leaving somewhere she asked for everything.

I brought my nana her things and rushed out the door. It was actually cooler than I thought it would be. I nearly ran to Theo's car.

"It's about time," Theo chuckled, "I texted you like 10 minutes ago." He exaggerated it only took me about five minutes to get my grandma all her things.

"I know, my nana, she asked me to do some stuff for her," I huffed.

"You look cute," he smiled and looked me up and down. I loved when he complimented me, even if I didn't want to admit it, he was charming.

"Thank you, and you don't look too bad yourself," I complimented back, I knew this caught him off guard because he couldn't hide his enormous smile. I guessed I sort of liked seeing him smile. "So where are we going?"

"A silent party," he smirked. What!

"A party? You should've told me I would've worn something different!" I yelled. I can't properly shake my ass in jeans c'mon.