Chapter 18

Theo POV

I think I was now obsessed her. The kiss sealed that. Collae was an amazing kisser. There was no way anyone else would be kissing her. It's been a few months of knowing Collae now, we've been flirty and laying kisses on each other when we could but she still wasn't my girlfriend. I didn't know if she was ready for that yet. I actually wasn't sure how she truly felt about me at all yet. I knew she was attracted to me as I am to her but I wanted to know how she really felt.

These days all I wanted to do was hold her in my arms always. I've always said I hated clingy relationships, but I see how people grew to be clingy. The attraction and feelings I had for Collae, I didn't ever want it to go away.

"Theo can you stop staring at Collae for three seconds holy fuck," Tommy snapped me out my trance. It was so hard for me to not be around her when I could see her. I understood that she had friends but she could see them at anytime. She had to sneak around with me because she didn't want her nana knowing about us which I wasn't the biggest fan of but I was willing to deal with it for her.

"What?" I hissed at him, "Bro, your game tomorrow? Scouts are going to be there, this is serious what the hell is wrong with you? Everything is Collae Collae Collae with you lately," He ranted on and on, "You're acting like you're going to marry this girl." I only shrugged.

"Oh yeah he's seriously lost his mind," Donatai scoffed at me, "Theo if you want to fuck up you're chances of going D1 because of some little girl that's all you but incase you haven't noticed basketball is a fucking team sport dickhead."

"First of all she's not some little girl, so watch your fucking mouth, and two I would never jeopardize our chances, this has meant everything to us since middle school."

"Okay so please start fucking acting like it, we still have a few months till state and I know we can make it, we're the best in our county." I listened to him go on about championship but it was so far away in march and I just wanted to think about this formal with Collae. "The game tomorrow is going to be good, we have to put on a show for these scouts, we may have offers right now but none of them are our top one." Don often stressed about getting into his top one and it discouraged him a lot. Alabama has one of the most competitive programs as well as North Carolina. Winning state and going further was the only way to get noticed. I did understand this was serious for our futures and I needed to lock in. I didn't want to let anyone down.

"I will, but let's just talk about something else right now please, we aren't just athletes."

"Like what Collae?" Tommy scoffed and crossed his arms.

"Tommy what the fuck is your problem with her, you don't even know her, yet you have so much to say matter a fact all of you do," My voice raised at my group of friends, "I finally like a girl a lot and its like you guys despise me for it."

"We don't fucking despise you for it, if you actually took a moment you would see that your mind is clouded by this girl, I'm sure Collae has no clue how hung up you are over her. I just hope she feels the same about you all this time your spending on her. It's something you can't get back, we're just looking after you," Tommy sighed and I could see where he was coming from it just wouldn't hurt to have some more comfort and support instead of criticism every so often.

"Whatever," I waved them off and texted Collae how pretty she looked today. I watched for her reaction to my message. A smile appeared on my face as hers was apparent. The guys didn't understand how I feel about her. She made me feel so warm and want to feel at all. I didn't worry with her, I felt like it's just me and her most times.

"I'm assuming she's your date to formal?" Jake asked me. I nodded to him.

"Do you guys even have dates?" I laughed.

"I was thinking about asking Layla actually, maybe you're onto something with the sophomores." Don chuckled.

"You make it so weird, it's not about her age, remember I didn't even know her age before we met fucking bozo," I gritted out.

"Yo, calm down, you get so defensive about her, dios mio," Gabe finally inserted himself and he's usually quiet. I guess I was starting to annoy everyone with Collae. Tired of them I got up and left the cafeteria and went to my next class early.

~~~

Collae had been pretty busy the last week because of the end of semester assignments and exams, I hadn't seen her as much as I wished but I knew how important her grades were to her so I gave her space.

After practice I sent Collae some memes and was on my way home.

"Salut honey, how was practice?" My mom greeted me as I dropped my bag down.

"Tiring, coach hasn't been happy with how we've been dragging so a lot of suicides," I groaned sitting down at the island.

"I've always liked that coach," she smirked at my fatigue, "Kept my boy out of trouble." She passed me a plate of steak and frites, I loved my mother's cooking always reminded me of her home.

"Très rigolo mama," I grabbed a fork and began to eat.

"I've noticed you've been more calm lately, is this because of a certain pretty girl?" She teased.

"Mama," I could feel my cheeks getting warm, "Stop it."

"Well thats all I need to know, I'm glad there's someone who can keep my baby so happy, you are going to the winter formal with her?" She glared at me.

"Yes I am."

"You better bring her here for us all to see, I can't wait to see my handsome boy in a suit and his beautiful date, what color are you guys wearing?" My mother gushed at me wanting to know every detail about the night to come in a couple days.

"We actually haven't even spoke about that yet," I shrugged taking another bite. She then aggressively snatched the plate from me, "Ma, what the-"

"You do not tell a woman last minute these things, she needs time to prepare what is the matter with you," she slid the plate back slapping the back of my head. I groaned and grabbed my head. There was no way I didn't have permanent bruises on my nape.

"Alright, alright. I will call her tonight, can I eat in peace?"

"Good boy," she kissed me and went to call the rest of the gremlins to eat.

~~~