Chapter 8

Theo POV

I was honestly getting over Collae and her weird ass mood swings with me. Fuck her, that would definitely be my last time trying with a younger girl. She was so childish but I should've expected that. What does me being a senior have to do with a fucking friendship?

I tried I really did, nothing was going to work with her. I've never chased after girls and I wasn't going to start now with her, It wasn't worth it.

"Yeah she's a dub bro, just leave it be," Don said on FaceTime.

"Hey, do you follow her on Instagram?" I asked, "I just wanna see something, I'm pretty sure she blocked me, It's Cococollae, can you see of she has anything on her story?"

"I guess, why don't you just leave this alone, its getting weird bro," he stresses to me, "There's nothing there can I go now?"

"I'll call you later Donatai," I quickly hung up the phone and dropped to my bed. I just kept thinking to myself who is this girl? Why is she so stuck up? And why won't she open up to me?

I will not think about her. I will not think about her. I will not think about her. I will not think about her. I will not think about her...

~~~

"Jeremiah that's why Gabe took your bitch!" Tommy yelled at him.

"Tommy shut your ugly ass up, looking like a gooch." Jermiah joked back, "You're dumb and a dick rider because she was never mine."

Tommy and Jeremiah went back and forth like any day and I just sat there thinking about Collae. I tried to not think about her but she was too interesting to me. I knew nothing about her and I wanted to build a relationship with her. But she just wouldn't let me.

"Damn, Collae looks kind of fire today," I heard Gabriel whistle and all of my friends turned around to look, so did I.

She was wearing a tight black long sleeved crop top with skinny black ripped jeans and short brown Ugg boots. She was looking really good. The guys were looking at her body and I just wanted to go over to her and make her put on my sweatshirt, but she wasn't mine.

Some familiar looking boy walked over to her and she was smiling with her head down so I knew he was complimenting her. I looked closer at the face of the guy and it was Harrison. He was up to no good. I couldn't help myself I had to go over there .

"Harrison..." I smiled at him and then at Collae, "Whatcha doing?"

"I was just inviting Collae and her friends to my party this Friday," he winked at her, "Hope you'll come." He turned on his heels and walked away. Me and Harrison didn't have the best relationship, considering I'd been taking his minutes for the last 3 years. We kept things mutual and brief between each other nothing else.

Collae glared at me and started to walk away. I grabbed her arm.

"Don't touch me!" she snapped, "Always putting your damn hands on me, fucking weirdo."

"Don't go to that party," I huffed, "No good will come out of it I promise, Harrison does not have good intentions." I wasn't going to sit there and lie to her, countless girls have told me Harrison gives off pervy and uncomfortable vibes for them. Word might be going around about my interest in her, it could be his only reasoning for this.

"I do what I want and just because you said that...I'm going," she scoffed and walked away quickly. Now I have to go to this damn party.

~~~

"Hey dad? Can I ask you a question?" I stood in the doorway of his office.

"Yea come sit," he closed up his work and pointed at a seat.

"Hard case?" I asked because he seemed stressed.

"It's not that it's hard I just know things about the defense and I don't want to bring it up, but I have to win," he shrugged.

"Just do the right thing dad," I sighed. My dad always tried to take simple cases. Sometimes there was always a bump in the road that threw off his morals.

"Yeah... so what was your question?"

"Oh yeah...how'd you know you wanted mom when you first seen her?" I rubbed my arm.

"Oh. Well. She was crazy, probably why all you guys are insane," I rolled my eyes, " But I was eating at this diner and a cute red haired girl was our waitress, she was adorable and just all over the place. One day I went back to the diner and she was yelling and throwing stuff around the parking lot, she had just been fired. So I walked up to her and told her I could help her. I had my own apartment. And it started from there. I just wanted to help her next thing I knew you came along," he laughed and I quivered a bit.

"So after you helped her out you guys just developed a relationship?"

"Yeah pretty much, and I fell in love with her french, it was beautiful. Why the questions you have a little crush or something?" My dad smirked.

"I'm not sure, she's complicated," I huffed.

"If there's one thing you're gonna learn in life Theo, is that all women are complicated but there's always that one woman you're willing to be complicated with, tell me about her," he shrugged. It wasn't like I didn't have a good relationship with my dad, he was just always busy and not too much time to ourselves.

"Well see her problem is that I'm a senior-"

"-Wait what grade is this girl in?" He interrupts me.

"Tenth..."

"Theodore," he shook his head, "Don't try and be with this girl if you just want sex." I laughed and his first thoughts.

"Dad it's not even like that, I think I actually like her, but she won't give me a chance because she thinks it would just be a waste a time, she also doesn't think I'm the best guy out here," I huffed. I maybe lied a little about liking her liking her. I just wasn't past seeing her looks just yet considering all she's given me is attitude.

"Well would it? And are you?"

"I'm not sure, the only thing I am sure of is that I want to know more about her and just talk to her more often. I think we could have a good friendship and maybe it would lead somewhere," I groaned at my words. I always told myself I would never let my feelings intervene with reality. I was going to college soon and Collae was two years younger than me. How far could we possibly get with is, even if she let me pursue her?

"Look, with woman you have to show them how you feel, your word isn't going to work all the time, but I think you have some thinking to do for yourself, but please remember Theo, it's your senior year, distractions need to be low." His tone was warning.

"I'm going to try my best to make good decisions this year, thanks," I hugged him and he patted my back.

"Anytime."

~~~

So as rereaders might know in the previous chapters I felt they were rushed so Im trying to get you guys to understand Theos character a bit more and Collae as well so a few things have been changed.