Chapter 22

Aamon, the sinister demon who extracted his energy mainly from the hellfire stood, an evil smile on his creepy greyish brown face

The blazing glorious flames of the hellfire, also known as the undying fire of hell. When innocent souls perish in those cruel, hungry for destruction, orange red flames, Aamon's powers grows monstrously. One thing was for sure, he was a real threat, Dravon thought and conveyed the message telepathically to the the rest of the Infinity Coven.

"What about his weakness?," Shade muttered.

"His left arm. He draws all his powers from hellfire with the help of that arm," Dravon's voice echoed in their heads.

Ash, Shade and Jason darted a quick glance at each other, their bodies tense and alert, knowing they had to protect the girls at all cost.

Dravon held Aamon's menacing gaze evenly with his piercing icy look. Long minutes passed. The silence was unnerving. These two just stood there, rooted on spot, glaring at each other while waiting who wanted to make the first move.

"I certainly don't have all night for you," Dravon said gruffly. When Aamon gave him a cold shoulder, not even blinking, he went on.

"Why the hell are you wasting everyone's time standing there like a puppet?," Dravon muttered.

"Let him be, Dravon. I'm sure he's waiting for his master's orders first," Jason pointed.

"Classic demonic rules," Shade mocked.

Aamon's upper lip then twisted in a crook smile. "Keep talking. Each second that you all are wasting on me can prove fatal to your precious beautiful witch." He stepped closer and murmured in Dravon's ear. "Who knows, by now Morgade maybe has even finished her off."

Dravon's face blanched. Before he could react, Aamon whooshed himself away by a typhoon mass of flaming red orbs.

"That Morgade!," Dravon yelled, then shook his head. "No, nothing happened to Quinn. Aamon's just bluffing," Dravon assured himself in a calm tone.

"Your overconfidence will surely be the reason of your downfall, prince of the Shadows," Aamon shouted. They all looked up to see the fire demon seated on the highest crooked branch of a leafless tree.

"Now that I'm back, I can happily grant Morgade's order, finish the physically weakest member first, the hazel eyed one," Aamon informed.

A super irritating Jade Moore then became furious. "Seriously? I'm not even the weakest Infinity member," she fumed.

Ash clenched his fist and Shade rolled his eyes heavenwards.

Dravon, disturbed, shut his eyes. He tried  to connect with Quinn but it was futile. She was inside the Campbell's house and these ghosts seemed to derive pleasure in blocking his powers. Another obscure protective shield was formed which encircled the house, preventing them from seeing anything. A moment of astonishing weakness for Dravon, Lisa thought silently as she stared at him. Jason gestured Jade to shut her mouth when Aamon walked vertically down the tree like a possessed mad man, whistling the most irritating tune ever.