Chapter 16

Quinn's intuition warned her that the night was still long

Quinn's intuition warned her that the night was still long. She threw a quick glance at Shade and Jason who stood side to side, their eyes fixed on the front door. Dravon gave her a light squeeze and she laced her fingers firmly with his. It felt nice to know that he could understand her feelings without voicing them. It was suddenly easy for her to imagine that her fears were pointless. She looked up at him. Dravon had a grim line set on his face, his mouth was set in a hard line and those beautiful sapphire eyes rested on the noisy crowd for a minute, then diverted his gaze to the door.

Quinn followed his gaze, curiosity pricking her senses. Her eyes widened when she saw her. Scarlett, fully wasted, gripping anything that she saw to maintain her balance as she walked out of the house. Her huge blue eyes were blurry, her ponytail a mess, her face puffy. The mob felt silent.

As she faltered in her steps, she held on to the nearest person : Shade Woods, the guy who probably despised her most in the world. As Scarlett embraced him for support, her arm circling his waist, Shade frowned.

"Jason, I'm not feeling so gentlemanly lately. Do you mind taking care of her?," he voiced out as he pushed Scarlett next to Jason. "The idea of her being so close to me makes me want to barf!"

"And you think I like tackling drunk girls?," Jason shot back as he held Scarlett's arm, steadying her. Quinn detected a note of dry amusement.

Ash chuckled lightly, his gaze on his twin, his arms occupied by the blondes he earlier made out with. A frightened look twisted their features. They glued to him like he was a guardian angel.

"Guys, be serious! Someone just died here!," Ash said firmly.

"Died? Who died?," Scarlett demanded incredulously.

"Luke died, bitch...because of you!," Jade snapped.

"Enough Jade!," Dravon commanded. His voice was cold. Quinn watched him as he hesitantly let go of her hand, stepped forward, his dominant aura filled the surroundings.

Lisa grabbed Jade with care as the sandy haired girl glared at Scarlett accusingly. A faint rising murmur reigned when the crowd's attention rested on evil queen bee. Quinn darted a look on the ground. Poor Luke's dead body had no value. His lifeless body rested there, his features bloodied.

The evil queen bee flared at Jade. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Jade looked at her in disbelief. "Oh, don't act innocent! Save it for your two loyal idiotic blonde friends." Her hazel gaze was mocking. "Everyone saw you arguing with him on the balcony." Scarlett's eyes widened in astonishment, then threw back her head, her hysterical laugh filling the tense atmosphere.

"Hell! I think she lost it for good this time," Jason said.

"And I thought I was wasted. How many drinks did you have, Jade Moore?," Scarlett asked vehemently.