Chapter 8

It was a beautiful suite, the decor a range of different shades of mauve, from amethyst to deep eggplant color

It was a beautiful suite, the decor a range of different shades of mauve, from amethyst to deep eggplant color. Scatter cushions adorned the huge king-sized bed, making it a comfortable place yet lavish. Deep purple carpet, a thick rug on the polished oak floor, pale orchid bedspread, wallpaper comprising all the mauve shades imaginable—it was a gorgeous room, decorated with a woman's comfort in mind. There was even a range of luxurious perfumes on the silver mirrored dressing table, as well as an expensive-looking brush-and-comb set and last but not least a walk-in closet. Her bedroom in New York was glammed-up but compared to this suite, it represented nothing. The bedside lamps were lit, creating a cozy atmosphere.

"How's this?" he asked. "Magnificent!," she exclaimed.

 "I'm just a bit shocked that the powerful prince of shadows even owns a purple guestroom." He frowned, slightly amused, but said nothing. "I expected darker shades or classic black and white." She yawned tiredly but still looked around in awe. 

Slowly, he lowered her on top of the bed and then stood for a moment, letting his eyes travel the length of her body and back up again. Suddenly maintaining self control was difficult, even for someone as mighty as him.  He wanted her even if she happened to be a Campbell witch.

"Bathroom's through here." Dravon opened another door. Quinn settled on the bed, feeling the exhaustion of moving in a new town, her witch origins and the infinity bonding episode tonight, all threatened to consume her. Unable to resist, she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.

Dravon stood near the edge of the bed and spent the next hours watching her sleep, taking in every detail of her face, of her body. The way the soft glow of the bedside lamp cast shadows on her cheeks. She looked delicate and fragile when asleep. He was drawn to her peace, like shelter. He stepped forward, covered her with the soft purple bed sheet and dropped a feather kiss on her forehead.

"Sweet dreams, amore," he whispered. With great effort, he suppressed the urge of staying with her and made his way to his own suite.

***

Later on that blue moon night, somewhere deep in the woods inside a hidden cursed cave blocked by dark magic, laid someone pure evil. Gradually, he opened his eyes for the world again. He had waited so long for this — eighteen whole years wasted, away from humans, locked by powerful spells in an underground cave.

Thankfully, the blood of the seven infinity circle members spilled in the woods had broken his curse. The prophecy had begun and he was the vital part — the destroyer.

He would have everything he was deprived of in the past — the infinite powers, Blue Haven to rule but most importantly the last Campbell witch herself. He would extract all his revenge on her. After all, she was the last heiress of their powers — the same powers who had killed him savagely.

But he was back now due to the pact he made with demons. Of course, sacrifices needed to be done, these beastly demons were hungry for innocent souls. He needed to satisfy their insatiable hunger to stay alive this time. And he will sacrifice anyone to gain the ultimate powers of the prince of the Shadow world.