Chapter 18

Once outside Rossmore High school, Dravon, examining the background making sure nobody was watching them, grabbed the opportunity to teleport himself with Quinn, still in his arms

Quinn lost notion of the world at that moment. She only knew one thing : she was with Dravon Blackwell, the hottest immortal on earth. Her body temperature which had dropped momentarily as her instinct had warned her off Morgade Whitmore earlier, had returned back to normal. Her blood warmed and she flushed scarlet in his arms. She was so close that she actually could hear his heartbeat, strong and steady, smell his strong aftershave.

She gazed at him under her long lashes as he strolled. He was far too attractive, far too charming, far too sexy for Quinn's own good.

She didn't like bad boys like him, boys who could make the world jump to their wishes, boys whose strength and charisma were all too obvious.

"Do you like the view," he murmured as he carefully put her down. It was only then that Quinn realised where she was. She stepped forward, took a deep breath and twirled in happiness.

The scene was so breathtaking that she couldn't hide her joy. She loved nature way too much. The picturesque spot featured a running river of bright turquoise water falling over the edge of the cliff. Her eyes lingered on the waterfalls and the turquoise blue water. The sun made the deep water shimmery and gave it a crystal effect. All around there were just old trees hiding this beautiful haven.

"It's so serene and exquisitely beautiful." She captured every detail with her eyes, in awe.

Dravon strode to her and whirled her to face him. "Do you have the slightest idea how upset I was when you were left alone with that creepy jerk?" Quinn bit her lower lip, suddenly upset.

"Those irresponsible members? How could they leave you like that...unprotected?!," he continued, a strange concern in his voice.

"Damn it!... I thought I would lose you." His intense eyes held hers as he caressed her cheeks. And quite suddenly, she felt his lips brush her cheek!

Quinn jerked back, shivering at the unexpected touch of his mouth.

"Scared of me, sweetheart?," he asked, an unholy gleam in his blue eye. "That wasn't much of a kiss."

And before she could a thing to stop him, he took another one!

Firm lips came down on hers, hard and insistent, demanding a response. And stunned, unable to resist him, Quinn gave him one.

Her eyes shut, and her full lips parted, opening to him, just as if he were the one she'd been waiting for all her life. The intensity of the kiss was frightening as well as fascinating.

She pushed back away from Dravon, frantic, amazed at the magnitude of her response.

"Relax." Strong fingers kneaded the taut cords of her neck. "You're safe with me."