Chapter 12

Morgade spotted her the moment he stepped in the dull white lecture room- the last Campbell witch, Quinn Richards

Morgade spotted her the moment he stepped in the dull white lecture room- the last Campbell witch, Quinn Richards. The same auburn hair but a lighter shade, that brown eyes, the pale porcelain skin, she resembled her mother, Megan Campbell. However, she displayed a bold and determined attitude unlike her fragile and delicate mother. But then, her fate will be worse than her mother. He would personally take care of her.

Quinn instantly felt strangely uncomfortable the way the new English teacher's gaze bored in her. She twirled with some locks of her hair in an attempt to stop her nervousness. Her intuition warned her off instinctively and she was having a severe headache all of a sudden. It was so unlike her to fall sick. She pressed a hand on her forehead and closed her eyes. Her body trembled for no reason. She got negative vibes and she could not understand why. This can't be happening, she needed full control over her body.

Jade touched her arm lightly. "Quinn, are you okay?," she asked concerned, a deep frown on her face. Quinn managed a faint smile.

Jade handed her a bottle half-filled with water. "Here, have some water. It will calm your nerves." She took it with trembling hands, her mind elsewhere when the bottle in her hand showed long ash grey lines. Then Jade watched in confusion then in awe as the water solidified to ice.

"Quinn what have you done? What's wrong?" Jade took away the bottle away in haste and threw it in her bag. Next thing she knew was that she wasn't feeling sick anymore. Her headache had miraculously disappeared when she diverted her negative energies in that bottle.

Morgade Whitmore observed her intently for the last minutes and his shrewd black eyes did not miss anything. The Campbell spirits were already warning her off but it will take more than some negative vibes to save their last precious witch from him. Her destiny was sealed the moment she set her foot in Blue Haven. He had waited too long for his revenge. He made a brilliant move by demanding that demon to wipe off that stupid teacher. After all, he needed a position to be near Quinn, to keep a close eye on her. For that, Rossmore High School was the best place.

A constant knock on the wide opened door disrupted his dark thoughts. He turned his head to throw a cold stare at the blonde who stood at the doorway, dressed in an orange leather dress, hands on her hips, posed like a model.

"May I come in?," she asked, with a sweetly innocent smile.

"And Miss, you are..."

"Scarlett Bloom," she replied as if she was world famous.

"Miss Bloom, you are fashionably late. I won't tolerate lateness at all." He returned her sweet smile. "You are free to go."

"But..."

"Out of my class, Miss Bloom. You are merely wasting my time." Scarlett, red from humiliation and speechless, walked away. Heads turned in the class, murmuring, some feeling sorry for her but most cliques were secretly happy.