Chapter 15

Morgade entered the hidden cave where he was locked by the Campbell witches with pure distaste

Morgade entered the hidden cave where he was locked by the Campbell witches with pure distaste. It was damp, cold and chilling. That place reminded him how he was weak as a mortal and how he mercilessly got killed by these powerful Campbell witches.

Mara and Aamon, the two powerful demons to whom he sold his soul in return of immense dark powers, appeared at once.

Mara, the strangely long black haired beautiful demon who was always clothed in black spoke first. "Morgade darling," she trailed off soft and low, her sexy voice. "Where are the sacrifices you promised us?" She stood facing him, his pulse quickened as her hand dangerously ran down his neck, slowly circled it and squeezed hard enough to make him wince in pain. An evil smile curved from her pale lips as her long black nails dug in his flesh. "Our demon servants are getting impatient."

"We need an immediate sacrifice to appease our hunger for souls," Aamon, the silent and more dangerous one, informed. His red eyes gleamed when he grinned maliciously at Mara and she abruptly let go of his neck.

Morgade straightened himself and watched them narrowly. They were dangerous and he needed them to vanquish the prince of the Shadows. Once he gets Dravon Blackwell's powers, he will personally take care of these two demons.

"My powers have weakened an inch. Any idea why?," he questioned them, knowing he can't trust them.

"You dare ask us why? Your punishment for delaying sacrifices, Morgade, why else!," Aamon smirked arrogantly at him.

"We give you only one week for more bloodshed...a minimum of five innocent souls will satiate our need, for now."

"That's fine with me. But I have to analyse souls. Not everyone is innocent in this town," Moregade acknowledged.

"Then find them. Sinners don't count. We don't derive pleasure in trapping their souls to the shadows," Mara, impatient, said.

"Make sure it's young vibrant souls, Morgade," Aamon added.

"I will, my demons," he promised as he walked away from them, knowing exactly where he will find his next sacrifice.

***

Lisa grabbed Jason's hand nervously and led him to his mother's bedroom. As soon as she closed the door, Jason faced her, a questioning look on his face.

A light frown appeared on his forehead.

"Lisa, why did you want to talk to me alone? What's wrong?," he wasted no time in asking.

"Jason, I've been wanting to tell you something since so long. Tonight, I've finally mustered the courage to tell you this." She played with her long silky black hair, avoiding his piercing gaze.