Chapter 20

Later that evening, still furious with her mother, Ash hit the club to divert his mind. The ambiance was sleazy with teens doing drugs, soccer players making out with drunk girls and in a shady corner, strippers lap dancing for clients. His eyes hovered to the jammed dance floor where youngsters moved in a trance, the bodies moving with the loud rhythm of the hypnotic music.

He shoved these teens aside as he settled on a lounge stool. The bar man eagerly waited for his order.

"One large whiskey on the rocks." Two beautiful blonde girls then appeared, swaying their hips to full advantage as they walked and the one with hazel eyes handed him his drink. As he sipped his whiskey, he couldn't help but notice how that girl talking to him resembled Jade. The other one settled on his lap, her lips nibbling his neck.

Jade. All this mess was because of her father. He needed to break the news to her. Fred Moore had stolen his peace of mind by having an affair with his mom. He had to make sure Jade becomes equally disturbed with that too. Of all the women, his mother, Jenny Williams, the mayor of Blue Haven. What a sick joke!

Disgusted by his thoughts of his mom's affair, for diversion, he kissed the hazel-eyed blonde while the other one desperately dropped kisses on his neck.

"Ash!" someone shouted. Son of a bitch, they never seemed to let him enjoy good company.

What now? He glared at the one standing close-by. Shade returned his glare icily. He settled on the empty stool next to him. The girl previously on Ash's lap, hugged Shade and kissed him hungrily. "Ash, urgent reunion," he managed to say in between kisses.

"Blackwell?" he asked, his hand caressed the generous curves of that blonde.

"Him and Quinn." Shade put the blonde aside as he read the message he got and rose up hastily. The blonde caught his hand. "Where are you going?"

"Sorry babe. Someone reminded me of an urgent stuff."

"Like what?," the frustrated blonde demanded.

"That I need to leave." He turned and dashed off. "Hey dude, wait for me," Ash got rid of his blonde and walked behind him.

Jade and Lisa sat in absolute silence in Blackwell's study as the brainwashed vampire servant George closed the door behind him.

Dravon, still suffering from the nasty body pain, his face oddly pale and grim, entered quietly and sat on the leather couch. His thumbs gently massaged his forehead.

"This better be good Dravon. My dad will be mad if he ever finds out I broke his trust again and roaming at night. Well that is, if your darling witch opens her mouth again," Jade broke the silence with her high-pitched voice. Lisa gave her a cold stare.

"Ignore her Dravon, she's behaving strangely," Lisa stated.

"If that can help you Lisa, I'm so not in a mood to care," he shot back with sarcasm, his eyes closed.

"Where are the others? I don't want to spend the whole night here. I need rest," Jade announced.

"Hell blondie, shut up!" Dravon gave her an annoyed look. Jade shifted uneasily and moved her gaze to the shelves.

Jason ushered in the study. "Did anyone see Ash? He left the house in a white rage and that bastard has the guts to ignore my calls."

"Dunno man," Dravon replied, unaffected by Jason's deep concern.

A firm voice interrupted them. "Jason, your 'doesn't give a damn' twin." Shade announced as he pushed Ash forward.

Jason confronted him. "Do you have the slightest idea how worried mom and I were?"