Chapter 11

She could not deny that she didn't want this

She could not deny that she didn't want this. She wasn't feeling cold anymore. Her toes curled and her heart pounded erratically. Her body reacted to his kiss from head to toe. She slipped her arms up to wrap them around his neck and hold him, feeling his body hard and warm against hers.

His tongue went deep, thrusting over hers, creating an intimacy they hadn't had, taking it to next level, empowering their bonding. For the moment, nothing else mattered than this. Her reactions to him surprised her. Reasoning stopped while her body and heart ruled.

She held him tightly, kissing him back in abandon and feeling his heart pounding with hers.

Even though she had decided to keep her relationship with him as a ruler and a witch only to protect her heart from succumbing to his devastating charm, she couldn't resist his kisses. She had been steeped in sorrow much lately, this was sunshine pouring into an obscure night. Somewhere within her conscience, a dim voice whispered stop, but she paid no heed. She felt the rough stubble of his whiskers, inhaled his perfume, savored his mouth as much as he did.

How long they kissed, she had no idea. Dravon's hand slowly traveled to her nape, warm and firm, light caressing her, and then his hand slipped down her back to her waist, then lower over the curve of her bottom.

Pausing, she looked up at him while he still held her. "We need to stop, Dravon. It's total stupidity."

"Speak for yourself." His sapphire blue eyes blazed with eagerness and he wound both hands in her auburn hair.  "You like being kissed by me. Your response sets me on fire," he whispered, pulling her close again and then kissing away any answer she might have.  

Again, a wave of desire swept her and she held him tightly, kissing him, relishing the feel of his hard body against hers. She tingled from head to toe, heat pooling in her. She was lost in his kisses, returning them passionately until she had to stop.

"Dravon,"she said, trying to get some firmness to her breathless voice. "We have to stop."

Unmasked desire blazed in his dark blue eyes, making her racing heart pound faster. He wrapped his fingers in her hair to hold her head. "For now," he said. He released her hesitantly. Just then, the ground below shook faintly. Quinn grabbed him arm for support. "What is happening now?" He smiled and gave her a dark brooding look. "Seems like Campbell witches spirits are revolting against the idea of you and me together."

"Close your eyes, mia cara." She did, her mind and body, both still under the spell of his kisses. When she dared to open them again, suddenly she wasn't in the woods anymore but back alone in the lavish guestroom suite.  She turned back to the bed where she found a black note written with gold ink.

'It's been a really long hectic night, Quinn. Go get some rest. I'm right in the far end master suite if you need anything.