Chapter 19

Later that afternoon, after Dravon had shared his mortifying past with her, she found herself alone again in her room

Later that afternoon, after Dravon had shared his mortifying past with her, she found herself alone again in her room. It became his bad habit to always shut her out right after a slight affection. Did he regret having shared his most secretive past with her? She certainly hoped not.

Aghast, her wide brown eyes travelled the neat room and settled on the ancient black Celtic book lying on the lamp table. A lot of revelations have surfaced since she dared to read that book.

She tapped her hands on the cover, the dust particles floating in the air upon doing so, then opened it and examined every details carefully.

Much to her surprise, that book held more deep dark secrets.

The remaining Campbell witches, after Dravon had murdered the three powerful ones responsible for the ruthless evil massacre of his bloodline, their bonding weakened, sought refuge in the creepy forest.

The Shadow world wanted to wipe them off too. The inferior supernatural beings like werewolves, vampires and brain dead ghouls wanted revenge also. The witches for centuries had taken their lives just for the pleasure of ruling over.

But now, their fate was sealed. 

Without the more experienced witches, they were no longer that powerful to reign over. Other supernatural races were after them for justice. They only wanted to attain that by shedding the other witches' blood. Whichever race succeeded first would get the privilege of being feared upon. The other species wouldn't even dream of killing them then.

They were only to fear one person and obey him blindly...the newborn prince of the Shadows. He had showed them the light by offering the blood of the three most powerful sorceresses ever known on earth. They had to follow his path. Some races waited before hunting the witches like prey fearing the wrath of the cursed immortal, Dravon Blackwell.

But he did nothing to stop them. So they killed and killed, everytime their bloodlust increasing.

The witches, decreasing rapidly in number, with their remaining powers, managed to create a protective shield on the part of the forest where all their families died and confined themselves there. That part was named the Wickedly Evil Sorceress woods. Every mortal who try to wander there never comes back. It is said the spirits of the witches haunt that place. Also, it is believed that something mega powerful had been used in order to keep the shield intact for centuries. She read the last line in disheartenment.

Again, nothing was written about her real mother. She needed to know more about her black magic, how she could use them to maximum to save lives.

She has to go to the Wickedly Evil Sorceress woods at all cost. Surely there must be something there to enlighten her about her birth parents and her dark powers.

***

Ash, quite in a jolly mood, strolled in his house. His dad was returning from his business trip in four days. It's been so long since he last saw him. A peaceful smile graced his handsome face. At last his family will be reunited.