Chapter 21

Quinn stepped backwards, her back banged with the door behind her when Morgade's cold piercing black eyes remained fixed on her

Quinn stepped backwards, her back banged with the door behind her when Morgade's cold piercing black eyes remained fixed on her. The look on his face was threatening, like a deadly serpent waiting for the right moment to strike its prey.

Her hands slowly reached the rusty doorknob but a alarming authoritative voice stopped her from turning it. "Don't even dare Quinn. One bad move and I ask my servant demon to eliminate your precious Dravon and the rest." Her mind focused on the most important part... Dravon was in danger. She opted for the worst risk, her hand firmly enclosed the doorknob and without thinking twice, she turned it anyway. However to her absolute surprise, the door remained firmly shut.

Morgade shook his head and gave her a devilish smile. "You do have a mind of your own." He stepped forward but thankfully still maintained a reasonable distance. "No wonder the prince of the Shadows himself has fallen for you." Quinn reflected on that. Whether Dravon had feelings for her or just needed her as a saviour, she wasn't fully sure. She just knew that she vowed to be by his side till he wanted. And she needed to be alive to fulfill her promise. She gulped for breath when she found Morgade's gaze still disturbingly focused on her.

She needed to find a way out to save the infinity members.

"How did you manage to get inside? Even Dravon was ordered to remain out," she muttered under her breath.

Morgade sighed, his gaze roamed lazily around the interiors. Quinn followed his gaze. The Campbell witch' house was created entirely out of wood, empty inside with a creaky dangerous staircase by which Morgade leaned. Thick layers of dust covered its steps, making it hard to see the wood beneath.The wood floors were in damageable shape, with the assumption that termites had done their job.

"I happen to have an old connection to this house." He smirked. "A connection which directly links to your mother."

Quinn's eyes widened a tad more. "My mother...," she whispered.

Morgade chuckled. He had finally gained her attention. "Yes, Megan Campbell, your mother...the secret fiancee of my brother," he muttered.

Megan Campbell...her mother was named Megan Campbell. But then, the last words of Morgade Whitmore also registered in her mind. Her mother and Morgade's brother were engaged. That meant his brother could be her real father. She shivered ; then tossed her head as if to throw off the disturbing thoughts.

 "I don't believe you," Quinn managed to say.

Morgade shrugged his shoulder carelessly. "Your waste of time." He stared at her for a long sinister moment. Quinn's cold palms made contact with the closed door behind her as she leaned back for support. The way he stared at her was oddly unnerving. "I was only trying to help. All that long, you secretly wished to know about your birth parents." A slow smile graced his thin lips. "Only I can tell you about them, not your darling Dravon as he promised.