EPILOGUE

ONE MONTH LATER
I was woken up by someone drawing the curtains. I looked up at the person and smiled. It was Terry and she was there to do my makeup. It was my wedding day. I jumped out of the bed and hugged her. I was so excited. That was the day I would be proclaimed the legal wife of Roy. She noticed my excitement and smiled. I had spent the night at her place because I wasn’t allowed to sleep with Roy before my wedding night. Ann and Julie came in and hugged me excitedly.
“The bride is finally awake. Shower and we will help you with the makeup. We don’t want you to get late for your wedding. Roy would die out of stress.” Ann said grinning.
I walked into the shower and was done within a few minutes. I put on a dressing gown and sat down for them to do my makeup. We were all chatting excitedly. My phone rang and Terry grabbed it.
“It’s Roy! He can’t keep still. Let me put it on loud speaker and you will hear the crazy brother I have.” She giggled and picked the call.
“Hi big bro? Can’t keep still?”
“Can I talk to my bride Terry?”
“Not a chance Roy. That’s not allowed. It’s a taboo.”
“Whose taboo?”
“Mum’s taboos! You can’t talk to her! We will see you at the venue.”
“Please Terry! I just want to hear her voice.”
“Not a chance bro! See you later.”
She hanged up and we burst out laughing.
“Roy can be so nagging sometimes. He is so excited.” Terry said grinning and we chuckled.
“So Julie, what’s up with you and Martin.” I asked grinning at her.
“We are just friends.”
“Just friends my foot. We can see how you two look at each other.” Terry said and we chuckled. Martin was Roy’s friend and they had met during my engagement dinner. It was clear there was something going on between them.
I looked at myself in the mirror when they were done and smiled. They had done it to perfection. They helped me dress and quickly prepared themselves. They walked me outside to where the convoy was. We drove off and were at the wedding venue within few minutes. We had chosen a garden for our venue. I looked at the venue and gasped.
The area faced the breathe-taking sunset. At the end of every seated aisle, jasmine scented candles and flowers hung on the poles erected there. Spread down the aisle were moist jasmine flowers. The guests were all elegantly dressed. They sat on the white chairs set on either side of the aisle. My bridesmaids got in and the priest asked everyone to stand. It was now my turn! I was so nervous. All eyes were now on me. Chelsea was my flower girl. She lined the path with white rose petals and the music started.
My mum and dad greeted me and escorted me down the aisle. The aisle seemed longer than before because of my nervousness. My parents were my strength and without them I would have fainted. The guests looked at me, taking pictures of me, waving and smiling at me but no one made a sound. Up ahead stood Roy. The love of my life and my everything. He looked more handsome than before. A bright smile was written on his face. His eyes were on me. The attention felt like too much for me to handle but I had few more steps to go.
At the end of the aisle, my parents hugged me and took Roy’s hand for a handshake. They then handed me to him and went to take their seats. We stood in front of the priest. Standing next to my future husband felt overwhelming.
“Dearly beloved, we are here to witness these two join together in holy matrimony. Before we continue with this, is there anyone here who feels these two should not be joined together? Speak now or forever hold your peace.” The priest scanned  the guests for reactions. It was a tense moment. Roy squeezed my hand assuringly.
“Well then, if there is no one let the ring bearer bring the rings.”
Terry led Braden who was carrying the box that contained the rings towards us. He gave the rings to the priests and chuckled. He was so excited. Terry carried him in her hands and they went back to sit. The priest led us into saying our vows. We exchanged the rings and our eyes were filled with tears of join.
“With the power invested in me by the catholic church, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”
Roy leaned on me and kissed me like he had never done before as the guests cheered. They all rose to congratulate us. There was soon merry making as everyone celebrated our union. Roy looked at me and smiled.
“It’s time for us to go Mrs. Roy.” I smiled and we left without anyone noticing. He led me into a room and helped me change from the wedding gown.
He took me in his arms and kissed me on the forehead.
“ I want to take you in here but it has to wait until we get to our honeymoon.”
“You didn’t tell me where we are going!”
“It’s supposed to be a surprise. Let’s go. The driver is waiting for us.”
He led me outside to the car. Terry and Ann has packed some things for us. Sam drove us to the airport and I couldn’t help but giggle throughout out the way.
We were at our hotel suite after eight hours of travelling. Roy pinned me on the wall and smiled at me.
“This is what I have really been waiting for Mrs. Roy. I want to worship the whole of you.” I shivered at his words. He still had that effect on me after that long.
“But we have always made love baby!”
“There is a difference this time round Mrs. Roy. You are now legally my wife. Maybe it’s time I planted another seed in you.” He said grinning.
“You are crazy Mr. Roy. I'm already pregnant.”
“I know. This baby will be born five months after Ashley.” He grinned and kissed me passionately. He was always crazy. I don’t know where he got his crazy ideas from.
FIVE MONTHS LATER
“Daddy, mommy!” Braden called running to us and Roy lifted him up and took him in his arms. He was now three years and few months old and could talk.
“Hey little champ! You need something, right? Talk to daddy.”
“Ice cream daddy!” He said chuckling.
“You have had a lot of ice cream so far Braden. Ask for something else.” I said smiling.
“Just let the kid be Mrs. Roy!”
“What about the cold Mr. Roy? You are always spoiling him.”
“Relax baby! That’s why I’m working that hard. I want to give him and Ashley everything they want.” He ran his hand on my belly and the baby kicked. We looked at each other and chuckled. The baby always did that when he touched my belly. I was now heavily pregnant and due anytime.
“It's a Regal baby. It’s a boy.” We still didn’t know the sex of the baby. We wanted it to be a surprise.
“It’s a girl. I told you I know what I inserted in there.” We chuckled and he pulled me into an embrace.
“We will all go out for ice cream little champ.” He said kissing Braden on the forehead and he chuckled.
I felt a sharp pain and disentangled myself from the embrace. He looked at me with a worried look on his face.
“Are you okay baby?”
“No Roy. Just felt some sharp pain on my abdomen but it has disappeared.” I said and felt another sharp pain on my abdomen. He was still looking at me with a worried look.
“ I think it’s time baby. Labour pains just started.”
“Hold on there baby! I will take you to the hospital. Jane!!!”
Jane came running and saw me clutching my abdomen. She knew what it was and took Braden from Roy’s arms. She looked at me and smiled.
“It’s time dear. All the best!” I smiled at her weakly. I was in a lot of pain. Roy carried me in his arms and quickly took me to the car. He lay me on the back seat and settled behind the wheel. He drove like a maniac and we were at the hospital within no time. I was in so much pain by the time I was wheeled in a stretcher to the delivery room. Roy couldn’t keep calm and he followed us squeezing my hand affectionately.
“You can wait here sir. We will take it from here.”
“No! I'm going in there with her.”
“Please sir! It’s not advisable.”
“She is my wife and I have to be there with her!” He had made his stand. The doctor said nothing but shrugged. We got into the delivery room and he stood beside me squeezing my hand assuringly as I pushed. There was a shrieking cry. Our baby was here.
“It’s a girl!” The nurse said smiling at us. Roy kissed me on the forehead and smiled down at me.
“I told you baby! Ashley is finally here.” He winked and we both chuckled.
ONE MONTH LATER
“ Be fast love. Terry is already complaining.” Roy said coming into the room.
“Ashley is giving me a hard time baby. She won’t let me put her down. The moment I try it she ends up shrieking!”
“Come here baby. Why are you disturbing mommy?”
He took her from my arms and smiled down at her. She smiled and we chuckled.
“We will be waiting downstairs. Try and be fast.” He kissed me softly and left with Ashley in his arms. I breathed heavily and got ready fast. I joined them downstairs and we left.
We walked into the reception and Terry ran to us smiling cheerfully. She still hadn’t changed even after her marriage to Allan. It was their welcome party after their honeymoon. She took Braden and gave him a peck.
“Hey my little man!”
“Hey auntie!”
“We should go for some ice cream soon. We will bring Chelsea along. Don’t tell mommy. It’s our little secret.”
Braden nodded and looked at us. We all burst out laughing. She put him on the ground and took Ashley from me. Ann, Julie, Dave ,martin and Allan joined us. Ann took Ashley from my arms and smiled down at her.
“Hey there little princess! How are you fairing Jackie? How is it?”
“It’s stressing. Sometimes I just want to lock myself in the washroom and sleep there!” The men burst out laughing. We all glared at them.
“You can’t be serious you people. Do you even help her Roy?” Terry asked giving him a serious look.
“We help her with Jane but Ashley can be stubborn sometimes. Just like her.” Roy defended himself and we all burst out laughing. We went to our seats and continued with the chatting.
“I have some good news guys. Martin and I are going to be married. He proposed yesterday.” Julie said and Martin pulled her to him.
“Wow! We are so happy for you guys.” We all said in unison and the celebration continued.
“It’s late and we have to leave guys! We can’t stay out late with Ashley. We will see you some other day.”
We said our goodbyes and left for home. Roy put Ashley on her cot and pulled me to sit on his lap.
“There is something am worried about. What about Vickie and Mike?”
“They will never bother us baby. Vickie is in prison for a long time and Mike went upcountry. He couldn’t survive here anymore.” He said caressing my arms with his knuckles.
“This is what I have always dreamed of. That everyone ends up happy.” I said entangling my arms on his neck.
“Same here baby! I'm so happy right now. To have you by my side, Braden, Ashley. You are just a perfect family.” He said kissing me on the forehead.
“I love you so much Mr. Roy!”
“I love you too Mrs. Roy!”
His lips touched my lips and before we could kiss Ashley woke up with a shriek. We looked at each other and chuckled. I tried getting up but he pulled me back to him and rubbed his nose on mine.
“Ashley is too much now! She can wait but this cannot wait.” He said and kissed me on the lips lightly. I smiled at him and entangled my arms on his neck and we kissed passionately.
THE END.