CHAPTER 29

JACKIE’S P.O.V

Roy’s hand rubbed against mine as we sat down on the table and I shivered. He had such effect on me even after our mind blowing sex few minutes before that. I looked at him and he just winked. He had done it intentionally and he knew what effect he had on me. I looked at Julie and Jane to see whether they had noticed anything. They were engrossed on their breakfast. I glared at him and saw a smile twitch on his face.
“What is wrong with you two? Get a room already.”
Julie said chuckling and I glared at her. Roy just laughed and looked at me smiling.
“Let Jackie tell us what is wrong with her. Why is she glaring at me anyway?” He knew his game very well.
“Just leave them dear. They are used to this. I have to watch them glare at each other every time and it’s amazing. They are so in love.” Jane said chuckling. I gasped at her words and they all laughed.
“I hope Braden didn’t disturb Jane.”
I was trying to change the topic as usual.
“We know what you are doing Jackie. Trying  to change the topic as usual.” He was winking. How would I sit with him on the table with all the winking. It was so hard for me. I ignored him and turned to Jane.
“He is good dear. He has never disappointed.”
“Something to do with that, after what happened yesterday I’m hiring more security guards. I don’t want to take any risks.” His voice had turned to a commanding one.
“Yeah, after what happened yesterday we can’t risk. It’s a good decision.” Jane said nodding. Roy looked at me for my approval but I just stared at him. He had made the decision without telling me.
“Are you okay baby?” He asked interrupting my thoughts.
“ Oooh yeah! It’s a good move.”
My mind was somewhere else. Why did he make decisions without involving me if at all I was his woman?
“We are going somewhere with Braden and Jackie Jane. I hope you will be okay here. I will ask the driver to drop you to your place when you are ready to leave Julie.” He said in the same commanding tone. There we go again. We were going somewhere and I didn’t know anything about it? Why was he so controlling? I nibbled at my breakfast and felt his eyes on me. I lost my appetite completely. That was it! I had had enough.
“I’m not feeling well. I will be upstairs.”
I ran upstairs before they could ask any questions. I opened the door and slumped on the bed. He was so controlling and I didn’t like it. I needed to make my own decisions. I heard the door open and knew it was him. He stood before me staring down at me. I could tell he was angry by looking at his eyes.
“What was that all about Jackie? Nibbling on your food and leaving us there was so uncalled for. It was rude!” He was freaking mad. I would have trembled on normal occasions but I wouldn’t give him the pleasure.
“I just lost my appetite. Should I have forced myself to eat?” I was staring into his eyes without flinching.
“And why did you lose your appetite if I may ask?” He was so pissed off and I could see venom in his eyes.
“Don’t you get it? You are the cause of all this.”
“Oooh! I didn’t know. How am I the cause? Thanks a lot for the compliment. You are so unpredictable. One minute we are good and the next minute you are walking out on us. You know what, that was so childish of you. Braden would have behaved better.” His eyes were still on me.
I felt tears cloud my eyes but I blinked them back. I had expected him to hold me tightly and say he was sorry but he was there calling me childish.
“Yes, you are the cause. You make decisions without involving me.”
He laughed sarcastically and stepped back to look at me.
“What decisions exactly? Are we competing here?”
“You know what? I don’t think you care. I will be downstairs.” I made for the door but he pulled me back roughly and glared at me.
“You are going nowhere until you tell me what you are mad at! What’s eating you up?”
I hadn’t known he would be like that with me. It surprised me to hear him talk to me in such a way. He had always been gentle on me.
“You are my problem. You made the decision about the security guard without telling me anything!”
“Are you kidding me right now? What do you really want? I do this for Braden and you complain about it? Do you want out of this Jackie? You are getting on my nerves already.”
“you could have told me first before saying it on the table. I had a right to know. You make all the decisions here Roy. Even those that involve me directly. Did you tell me we are going somewhere? Did you consult to know whether I had my own plans before making your own plans. I feel suffocated by all this! I need my space too. You know what, maybe you are right. I want out of this!”
I swallowed hard. It was not want I wanted but my anger and pride was controlling me. He had said I was getting on his nerves. He just stood there looking at me with no expression on his face. What if he said yes? My pride would cost me. I wouldn’t take back what I had said. I waited for him to say something but he was still silent.
“Thanks for everything sir. I will take Braden and we will be on our way. Bye!”
I made for the door and he pulled me back roughly. His grip hurt me and I groaned in pain. He didn’t even care about that.
“We are not done with the conversation. You are going nowhere before you tell me everything on your mind. You are not going to walk out on me. No one walks out on me!”
He loosened his grip and looked into my eyes. I just kept quiet and looked at him.
“So you wanted me to tell you where we were going? Can’t I surprise you?”
“That was not a surprise Roy. You already said it before the rest. What was so hard with telling me we were going somewhere without mentioning the place. It’s one and the same.”
“I don’t believe you are making a big deal out of all this. If we had had sex before today without protection I would have believed that you were pregnant but this is something different. Mood swings all of a sudden!”
“Is this what you call talking?” I was getting pissed off.
“Okay then. We were invited for dinner by some friends and I didn’t think it was that important to tell you. But now it’s so different. You want out of this?”
I swallowed hard. There was no turning back. I would look for my own place with my savings and get another job. Maybe he would not be hard o me like he was with Vickie. Our cases were different.
“Yes! I want out of this. I already said so. I will hand over my things at the office right away. I guess it’s the high time I look for a job and a place of my own.” I sighed heavily. My own words hurt me deeply too.
“Okay then. You are free to go. You don’t have to resign though. You are highly qualified and your work is perfect. I still want you in my company.”
“I think it will be better if I look for another job. Thanks for everything anyway. Bye!”
“ If that’s your decision I'm okay with it. Bye Jackie!”
I looked at him one last time and felt tears sting my eyes. I had to go before I changed my decision. It hurt me so badly. My pride had cost me a good man.